1 April 2020

Lockdown

Miss Claire Voyant, my personal astrologer, predicts that when this crisis is over we will see:

An increase in obesity
A baby boom
An increase in divorce
A stampede to gyms
A lot of pristine homes and gardens

Netflix crashes and burns out due to huge demand
A film made about The Lockdown of 2020

On a more serious note what about those unfortunate souls trapped in abusive and controlling relationships, and children in those environments, life could be hell for them right now. As I said previously, this lockdown is a high price to pay.


People are worried about losing their jobs.

My grandson is 16 so he understands the situation. But how do parents explain to young children, without frightening them, why they're not at school or play school, why they can't see nanny and grandad, or why they can't invite their friends over, or play with them at the park?

Whilst I'm not in agreement with the lockdown I have to accept that it's happening. I take the dogs out for our morning walk, and I go to the supermarket when I need provisions, or my daughter gets them for me. Most of what I consume has a long shelf life, I like to have fresh fruit and veg though.

I have three more quilts to make then I will continue working on dolls house number 2. I have cleaned the outside windows and will do the inside ones this week and some gardening if the weather is good.

We don't consciously take things for granted, another day starts and we go about our various duties, but at times like this we realise just how valuable and fantastic our NHS staff are. We must all do everything we can to ensure greedy private enterprise doesn't take control of it. We also value the other unsung heroes, the people who keep the country working - the farmers, the factory and warehouse workers manufacturing and delivering our food,  the postmen and women, refuse collectors, delivery staff, corner shops and supermarket staff.


To finish on a lighter note I have Miss Claire Voyant's horoscope for Aries: Mar 21st to April 19th.
You share your birthday with, among a few million others, Lady Gaga, Jackie Chan, Robert Downey Jnr, Rees Witherspoon and Vincent van Gogh.

A bit about the personality An Aries will always tell you what they're thinking, with a frankness that can occasionally border on rudeness, but that's only because Rams value honesty. They can have a short fuse and definitely don't suffer fools. Smart, ambitious, hard working and fiercely independent they will never give up. The rest of us mere mortals may have difficulty keeping up with them.


Your Prediction

You may have a strong urge to be out and about Aries, but you know that you should stay at home. You might be torn between feeling you should do some exercise and wanting to curl up on the sofa to binge watch Netflix. But there's no reason why you can't do both. Go for a brisk walk or a bike ride, then reach for the remote when you return. You know how good you will feel. You won't have given up on one, rather attained a balance between the two.

Be safe and well ~ 
Polly x

12 comments:

  1. The opposite is true of me - I am loosing weightđź’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing very well, lost half a stone since Christmas, but the last two weeks have been bad :-(

      Delete
  2. Did Miss Claire Voyant mention the Jupiter Mars Saturn Uranus conjunction that is in opposition to Donald Trump's chart? It is very bleak indeed.

    I am relieved we have lockdown in our state and hoping that it is extended until the end of May but right now it's the end of April. For me, I won't go out beyond my boundaries till probably June unless things change radically. They told us that in the next several days or week things will go up but that we should have between 100,000 and 200,000 deaths -- and that's if people follow the isolation guidelines. I hope England is in better shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I don't know about that Jeanie. I think we are faring better, we have had a lot of deaths but not all from Corona. That's what annoys me about all this, the reporting isn't always accurate.

      Delete
  3. I liked Miss Claire Voyant's prediction and agree there's NO reason not to go for a walk and then couch binge. There may never be another time as good as now *we hope).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some mornings I don't fancy going out with the dogs, but I know I will feel good if I do and bad if I don't :-)

      Delete
  4. Not a good time but all we can do is our best. I am baking a lot and then have to freeze it. After doing so well losing weight I am already starting to put it back on. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Lorraine, I lost half a stone since Christmas, but the last two weeks have been bad :-(

      Delete
  5. I think Miss Claire Voyant's predictions are pretty accurate. But there won't be just one film about the pandemic, there will be dozens of them. All with big stars playing heroic, life-saving medics fending off armageddon.

    So why do you disagree with the lockdown? I know it's a pretty blunt instrument but at the moment it seems one of the only effective ways of reducing infection rates. But as you say, a difficult thing to explain to young children who must find it all totally bewildering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick, I worry that the economy is going to take a very hard knock from the lockdown, and some small businesses may not have reserve funds to survive. My elderly mother always kept herself indoors voluntarily during the winter months, so as not to catch anything.

      Delete
  6. I think Ms Voyant is very probably right in all respects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see what she comes up with next time :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...