5 June 2022

Jubilee Joy

If you've celebrated the Queen's Jubilee I hope you've had a good time.
The lighting of a Beacon on Thursday evening kicked off our village jubilee weekend.
I'm sad to say I missed it, I had one too many Baileys and fell asleep!!


On Saturday the church hosted a display of royal memorabilia


and documented royal occasions from the coronation in 1953 through to the Platinum Jubilee 


The flower displays were lovely


art work from local artists

One of the lovely ladies bought all these plants
that she had sown for anyone to help ourselves to.


the cream teas are always popular, I arrived early, it didn't take
long before all seats were occupied. The weather was glorious


unlike today, which was overcast and chilly, but it didn't dampen our enthusiasm for a party on the green hosted by two lovely ladies and their husbands who provided burgers, sausages, cakes and savouries 


These little sweeties stole the show


How lovely is this crochet Queenie
 Be safe and well   
Polly x

17 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I would have enjoyed seeing the flowers and the artwork. And hey, there's nothing wrong in having a few too many Bailey's once in awhile, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Debra, but I forget how strong it is!

      Delete
  2. It looks like a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that's why the Queen missed some of the celebrations - one Bailey's too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha, yes John, I think you could be right, and why not, she deserves a few tipples.

      Delete
  4. Looks like such a fun event, Polly. The Queen really is one of a kind, would you believe I have a mystery on my TBR pile with her as the detective? No end to her talents :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is Amalia. The book sounds good.

      Delete
  5. So many pretty floral displays. I love the crocheted queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I wanted to take it home with me!

      Delete
  6. I watched a number of online celebrations and everyone looked so happy and joyous. Your local display looked to produce similar results, Polly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice, it has been a lovely joyous celebration all over the UK

      Delete
  7. Nice party and celebrate for the queen…..lovely to see…o I wish I could be there….Leaf could play with those lovely doggies and I could have a cup of tea with you…..love happy week Ria 🍀🐾💗🍀

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day! When I was a very small girl, my mother set me in front of the tv to watch Elizabeth's coronation. What I remember is her walking down the isle at Westminster Abbey. A small memory but one I can say - I saw Queen Elizabeth II crowned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely memory Pam. I was 5, we didn't have a television and I don't remember it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...