17 April 2020

Coffee Morning

2020 was going to be a bumper year for village activities, some have been postponed, and some cancelled. Our April WI meeting was cancelled and our May one will be too, so one of the girls suggested we have a virtual coffee morning. There are only 11 of us and not everyone has email or even a mobile phone. I tried to get the rest of us onto Zoom without success, so we had to make do with What's App and texts. We managed though, and raised a cup to toast to keeping well and healthy.

I made a cake and left slices in tupperware containers on a couple of doorsteps.

It was a Betty Crocker packet mix, just as good (if not better) than I could make.

Rufus has to get in on the act, eyeing up the cake! That's my finger in the way on the left!

Our Chair was pleased to see I was maintaining WI standards with the china, 
even in isolation one has to maintain standards ☺️

  Be safe and well ~ 
Polly x

14 comments:

  1. your cake looks super delicious!! I am missing my knitting group and while we zoom weekly it is NOT the same. I hope we get back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Karen, I miss all my activities.

      Delete
  2. Betty Crocker usually does a good job. I used to occasionally resort to them as a quick activity to do with the children I cared for at work. When we cooked from the proper ingredients our recipes were often unrepeatable as it was difficult to estimate the amount of ingredients that got eaten, dropped or rubbed into hair before they made it into the mixing bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake looks so nice :) I mostly use boxed cake mixes as they are so good. Nice to see Rufus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Rufus doesn't miss a thing :-)

      Delete
  4. Your cake looks so pretty and the fact that you can enjoy it on a patio just makes me more than a tad envious! How fun for you to be able to have both the cake and the company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie. I wish I had more packets in the cupboard!

      Delete
  5. It looks so pretty and tasty what a great gesture. I like to use a tea service too, looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea, Polly. Very creative. It's interesting to see what folks are doing to stay connected while in quarantine. The cake is lovely. How nice of you to share it via delivery. Stay well! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I was hoping to get us on Zoom so that we could have seen each other, but we were in contact so that's the main thing x

      Delete
  7. It's nice to be able to share and who doesn't like a sweet treat, especially now when it's harder to get out for them! Your setting looked lovely, Polly. Too bad more of your friends couldn't get in on a Zoom meet-up. We haven't done one yet but are thinking about a happy hour session this week with several neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice. I have been craving more cake after eating that one! not good as I'm already eating way more than I usually do :-(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...