18 March 2024

Shopping and Imbibing

Last time I was here my daughter and her partner had to work some of the time. I didn't mind because I'm happy to take myself off exploring. This time they have had the whole time off and it's been a different experience. I'm all for "Lets go and see that church/station/museum" whereas they are "Lets shop till we drop then head for a bar for a few drinks/chats/laughs". I did a fair amout of the former last time I was here so I was happy to do the latter. We've also done a fair amout of eating out, breakfasts and lunches, and relaxing times at home, talking, painting nails, reading, a few drinks and a bit of napping. My favourite breakfast place from when I was last here has gone. The whole block has been demolished to make way for a very nice upmarket supermarket. 


I like travelling on the city cat ferries


admiring the riverside houses


The walk along the river is very nice.


The South Bank area of Brisbane is lovely with parks, pretty night lights,
night market, lots of eating places, bars


 and a very popular purpose built beach.

We've had a mixed bag of weather, sun, cloud and showers.

oOo

The pets are good


Lloyd has some mobility issues but is still enjoying life.


 
Arlo is doing very well. Still enjoying rolling around in his favourite garden spot, and joining me on my bed! He is very affectionate when it suits him.

We're going to a basketball game now, spectators, not playing 😄

∼ Be warm and well∼ 
Polly x 

12 comments:

  1. Glad you're having such a good time -- lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are having such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely making the most of it. I adore that orange cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very handsome, but he's a bit skittesh and has scratched and bitten my daughter and her partner, but he's been a sweetie with me.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful views of Brisbane! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having a great catch-up with your daughter, Polly. Thanks for sharing the good times with all of us who are quietly envying your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...