10 March 2024

G' Day

Greetings from down under. Yes dear reader I'm in Oz visiting my daughter, and this time my eldest daughter is with me, which is lovely, on holiday with both my darling daughters, and my Aussie daughter's girlfriend.


My daughter arranged the flights and chose China airlines because their prices were much cheaper than Singapore, Malaysia and Ethihad that I was looking at, we saved about £500 each. I was sceptic at first, but the flights were just as good as other carriers that I have used. I didn't like the meals though, the breakfasts were ok but not the mains.
We were very lucky with the long leg from the UK to Taiwan, the plane was only about two thirds full, one whole section was empty and once the meal was finished with we asked if we could move there to sleep. I slept quite well across three seats. My daughter not so well, she doesn't like long haul flights, and she is tall so she couldn't get comfortable.

Taiwan airport is huge 

with lots of pretty themes at some departure gates.

Taiwan has a complicated history. It has been governed independently of China since 1949, but the People's Republic of China views the island as a renegade province and vows to eventually “unify” Taiwan with the mainland, using force if necessary. Tensions are rising. Beijing has taken increasingly aggressive actions, which includes flying fighter jets near the island. Some analysts fear the United States and China could go to war over Taiwan. We didn't know any of this when we booked the flights, I just hope nothing escalates before we return home!

oOo


On a lighter note, I have had a lovely Mother's Day. It's the first time my girls have been together to celebrate it since they were living at home. After a leisurely breakfast we walked down to a farmer's market.


The weather was good but we were expecting showers, and when a downpour arrived we sheltered until it passed and then went home. 
Later, back home my lovely daughters made afternoon tea. Assorted sandwiches - egg mayo, tuna mayo, cheese, ham and tomato, we had wine and delicious cakes.


I chose this pecan, caramel and chocolate tart.
It was so rich I couldn't eat it all in one go!

Tomorrow we're having a retail therapy day 🛍

  ∼ Be warm and well∼ 
Polly x 

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Enjoy your time in Australia with all your girls! Yeah, long haul flights are no fun. I hope the jet lag wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. We arrived in Brisbane about 11.45 am, I struggled but stayed awake until about 9pm then had to go to bed. I had a good 9 hours sleep and felt fine the next day so I beat the jet lag :-)

      Delete
  2. How lovely! Having family together and in Australia! And that tart looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow.. what a wonderful time you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm green with envy having been to Australia twice, I loved it there. Have a lovely time with your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I love this country too. Every time I come here I fantasize about winning the lottery and buying a house here!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful trip to take with your daughters. Australia is a place I'd like to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can wholeheartedly recommend it Lorrie.

      Delete
  6. Belated Mother's Day to you, Polly, and how wonderful to read about your trip and being able to celebrate with your two daughters. From the post text and photos, it looks to be a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beatrice. It is wonderful being able to spend precious time with both my daughters.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...