5 March 2024

Rufus' Diary

Hello dear reader, I hope you are well. My news is - I've had fleas!! I don't know where I picked them up, the vet said they can be in the garden, humans can pick them up on their shoes, or the most common cause, from other dogs. I was given a HUGE gravy tasting tablet thing to eat and before long they were migrating from my skin to the ends of my fur. Polly and her daughter had a great time combing and picking them off, all the while Polly was saying die you ******* die. Language! Whatever is in the tablet is ok for me but poisonous for fleas so although I've only had one or two small ones on me they won't live, and the whole house is regularly sprayed to kill any eggs.
------
What a lot of rain we've had. 

The level of water at the stream is high, we haven't been through it for ages. 

You can just about see the culvert that channels water from the fields.

It has been worse though, we've seen the water level up to that bridge.

The bonfire area is filling up again.
------

I love this chair, I fit it so well, I use it more than Polly nowadays. She tolerates me using it because she doesn't like it anymore. She's had it for years but although it's super comfy it's big and bulky and she wants to get something more modern, hmm if that happens I guess I will no longer have my own chair!!

∼ Be safe and well ∼

Rufus 🐾 

  

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I hope everything is flea-free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Rufus! You are such a good looking dog. Franklin, Penelope, and Princess understand how awful it is when those nasty little itchy critters bite you. Because we live in a place where it's warm and humid most of the time, they take a medication every month that kills fleas that lands on them. We hope all the fleas are gone for good.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janie. I think I will be taking a monthly treatment now.

      Delete
  3. Hope you will soon be flea-free Rufus and that chair looks great to relax in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rufus, don't worry or be embarrassed. Fleas only pick the very best of homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. They had a great home in my coat!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...