4 April 2022

Meet The Pets

My daughter and her partner S have a dog and a cat. Lloyd is 12, S rescued him 10 years ago, and Arlo came to them last July when friends of theirs had a job transfer and were unable to take him with them. He will be 3 in September.

Lloyd and Arlo 

They quickly made themselves at home on my bed! Not every day,
Arlo comes in more often than Lloyd, sometimes early morning,
I don't mind though, I like the feel of a cat curled up near my feet.

Arlo has a very comfy place in a wardrobe

but that doesn't stop him taking over Lloyd's bed!

Lloyd taking over Arlo's bed just doesn't have the same impact!!

Lloyd: "Do you think if I ignore him he will leave"?

Lloyd does tolerate him though
(mind you he doesn't have any choice, cats will always do what they want).

Arlo's MO for asking to come indoors!! We hear the thud as he hurls himself at the
insect screen and hangs on until someone opens it!!


They are lovely well behaved boys.


The ferry crossing my daughter uses for work is open again, she is so pleased,
and I will get to use it before I leave. 


∼ Be safe and well∼
Polly x


20 comments:

  1. Delighted to make the acquaintance of Lloyd and Arlo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both sweet looking animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lloyd and Arlo are so cute! My cats do not like pet beds and won't get on them. They will sleep on my bed though. My dog sleeps on my bed or her bed during the day but only on my bed at night.

    Arlo hanging on the screen door is funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicky, thank you for visiting. I laugh every time Arlo does that, it's just so funny to see him hanging there!

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have such great company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lloyd and Arlo are a lovely couple of pets for your daughter and her partner to have living with them. Not only are they interesting but they are also very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Rosemary, and affectionate as well.

      Delete
  6. LOL! How does that cat jump so high on the screen door and hang on? That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a question I asked but they haven't seen him do it. We think he jumps from the ground because we hear the thud!

      Delete
  7. They get on very well! I am crushing on Arlo. You know, I can't resist an orange cat -- they all remind me of Gypsy. That's quite the jumping-hanging-on feat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanie. I thought of you when I first saw him :-)

      Delete
  8. What two precious friends you have to visit with! Love how they get along! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a very original way of asking to come indoors! It looks a bit dangerous though. Lloyd and Arlo look like total sweeties - though appearances can be deceptive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, he doesn't do it every time, sometimes he just meeows. They are sweeties, Lloyd couldn't be anything else, but Arlo, well he is a cat!

      Delete
  10. What sweet friends Lloyd and Arlo have become and nice of you to share your bed with them as well, Polly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice, they are adorable. Arlo is sitting on my lap over my right hand so I am typing this with my left hand!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...