6 April 2022

Birthday Girl

Today is my darling daughter's birthday. We've been out for breakfast and later we will be taking the ferry over to Tenerife, maybe a bit of retail therapy followed by a few drinks at the Powerhouse, then dinner at a favourite restaurant.

One of the many things I love about Australia is the great outdoors, enjoying meals sitting outdoors in beautiful warm weather.


I love breakfast, and my favourite place for that is the Riverbend cafe and bookshop.
It's a lovely cafe shaded by a beautiful tree 

“Eating and reading are two pleasures that combine admirably.” 
C.S. Lewis.


I intended to choose different breakfasts, but each time I was drawn back to the Parisienne. Yoghurt and fruit, a beautifully boiled egg, freshly squeezed orange juice, and croissants with butter and jam, mmm delicious.

∼ Be safe and well∼
Polly x
 

16 comments:

  1. Delicious outdoor dining! Happy Bday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you could spend your daughter's birthday together. (Breakfast looks great!) All good wishes to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie. This is the first time I have spent her birthday with her for years. It has been a special day with my very special girl :-)

      Delete
  3. We love our children's..grandchildren's birthday so much don't we?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do Monique, this had been a very special one as I'm not usually here for her birthday.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy to eat outdoors. That breakfast looks tempting. Happy birthday to your daughter. Today is my daughter-in-law’s birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bijoux. I hope your daughter-in-law had a good day.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Your breakfast looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great breakfast. Not sure about the C S Lewis quote though. I find it hard to eat and read at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like eating & reading when I'm solo travelling.

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday to your daughter. Enjoy your time together,

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very good and lovely breakfast, time spent with your daughter, sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...