18 April 2022

An OK Read

Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty

Lyn, Cat, and Gemma Kettle are beautiful thirty-three-year-old triplets, a pair of blonde identical twins, and an outlier, redheaded Gemma. They attract attention everywhere they go. Whenever they're together, laughter, drama, and mayhem ensue, they are like one entity, but apart each is very different, and very much her own woman, dealing with her own share of ups and downs.
Lyn has organised her life into one big checklist, juggling the many spinning plates of work, marriage, and motherhood with expert precision, but is she as together as her diary would have her seem?
Cat’s marriage isn’t as perfect as she would like, which is causing her doubt about bringing a baby into her very precarious world.
And free-spirited Gemma ends relationships when they reach the six-month mark. Will she ever find lasting love?
The novel follows the Kettle sisters through their thirty-third-year, as they struggle to survive their divorced parents' dating each other, their technologically savvy grandmother, a cheating husband, and champagne hangovers.

I think the “Three Wishes” are the letters they read out at their birthday dinner, each saying how they saw their future unfold, but secretly wishing for something that a sister already had.

I was left feeling a little indifferent, there’s not a lot of substance to it, it’s just ok.

∼ Happy Reading ∼ 

Polly x

11 comments:

  1. Well, not every book can be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, at least I didn't think it was a complete waste of my time.

      Delete
  2. I usually like her books, but I’ve noticed her recent ones have not been as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't impressed with Big Little Lies but enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers.

      Delete
  3. I've never been a Moriarty fan. But that's life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a few of her books, but not this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds a bit predictable, I must say. I've never read any of her books. Themes like marital disillusion crop up so often, it takes a really skilled author to say something original and eye-opening about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes insubstantial is all we need.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...