29 March 2022

Nice Days Out

My friends Jane and Harry live in Gympie which has been badly affected by the floods, thankfully their place is on high ground. The train line had been damaged by the floods and an overturned lorry so I travelled half way by train and Harry met me.
We visited Noosa and Montville before but they are such lovely places it was good to go again. 
Once again there were lots of people getting in the way of a good photo! so I bought some postcards.


Last time I was here we walked around the park


17 years on we were content to stroll along beside the river and the beach!

Me & Jane


We had lunch at Sum Yung Guys. The restaurant was started by four local guys, one of which is Matt Sinclair, the runner up on Australia's Master Chef 2016. All four of the owners are huge fans of Asian cuisine. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Harry had Thai green chicken curry, Jane and I shared Blackened barra larb (Barramundi), with Nam Jim Jaew, roasted cashew and sticky rice; and Roast sweet potato salad with cashew sambal, salted coconut and aromatic herbs. It was all excellent, the sweet potato dish was just divine. After lunch we drove back into town for ice cream and a bit of retail therapy. 
 

The following day we went to Montville


We did pretty much the same here - strolling around, retail therapy and eating! We didn't have a full lunch because Jane cooked some delicious salmon for dinner later, so we treated ourselves to coffee and cake at a lovely old colonial type restaurant with beautiful views.

I just couldn't help myself, I had to cross it's legs!!

Harry outside a lovely old clock shop


There were lots of beautiful hand made cuckoo clocks

I've never thought about owning a cuckoo clock, but if I could afford one
I would love to have any one of these.

I was trying to get a video of one of the clocks striking, with the figures
going round or a cuckoo coming out, but by the time we worked
 out which one it was it was too late!!

And of course no outing is complete without a visit to a charity shop!

On the way home we visited the Ginger Factory
It was almost closing time when we arrived, had we been earlier I would have definitely had a ride on the train. I bought a jar of ginger marmalade and a few souvenir gifts.

The next couple of days were spent relaxing at home and visiting a nearby neighbour who has a menagerie of horses, camels, dogs, birds and a cat.

I hope it won't be too long before I visit my dear friends again.

∼ Be safe and well∼
Polly x

20 comments:

  1. That beach looks lovely, but your trip to Montville looks like a fairytale. I would have loved everything about it, but the train and the clocks are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a fairytale town. I would be a regular visitor if I lived nearby.

      Delete
  2. The food, sights and friends…perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful visit! I love clock shops too, but they are increasingly rare these days. I had a cuckoo clock many years ago. I like them but they can be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would get annoyed with one, I like to hear a clock chime, I like to hear the ticking as well, it makes me think of warm sunny days as I'm about to nod off!!

      Delete
  4. I can never see a cuckoo clock without envisioning some kind of early Swiss version of The Apprentice: "So, you haf invented a clock viz a bird inside that makes some noises every hour? Get outa here!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grand time! You are seeing wonderful territory and enjoying with friends, too. It's really gorgeous there. I'm so glad your friends' home was out of danger. That would be heartbreaking.

    I don't know that I've been to a clock shop in ages. That looks fun and I love the cuckoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a grand time Jeanie, making the most of time with friends and my darling daughter.

      Delete
  6. The beach looks heavenly, Polly. I have wonderful memories, as a little girl, sitting in my Grandfather's kitchen waiting for the cuckoo clock to strike on the hour so I could see the little bird pop out. :) So glad you are enjoying your trip. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy, treasured memories like that are wonderful.

      Delete
  7. The trip pleasures continue and catching up with old friends is the best. It looks like you all shared a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice, we did, and we shared many happy memories.

      Delete
  8. Those cuckoo clocks are amazing - the care that's gone into all the detail. A shame that Gympie has been badly affected by the floods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made it at last! Hooray. We are off to Italy next week - I hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only believed I was here when I was hugging my daughter! I hope you have a lovely time in Italy.

      Delete
  10. That's actually a nice quaint place I'd love to visit with a good friend too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...