19 March 2022

Mount Coot-Tha

Mount Coot-Tha is many things to many people. To the Aborigines it was a place to collect honey produced by the native stingless bee. For TV companies it is the HQ of television towers, sending constant signals across Brisbane, and for avid bike riders it is a challenge as they don their lycra to ascend the mountain each morning, pushing themselves through the burn.
But for most, it's a short drive from Brisbane CBD to spend a lovely day out.
The panoramic view of the city is spectacular. Visitors have a choice of enjoying the views, lunch at the restaurant, a snack at the cafe or a picnic or barbeque in the beautiful grounds. We had coffee and cake. 
For the more energetic there are bush walks, cycling routes. horse riding, walking and hiking.
It would definitely be a 'go to' place for walks if I lived here.
I've been finding my way around the city on my own, travelling on the bus. I got confused though! Two buses took the same route but one went further, I got on the one that went to the end of the route. The driver was lovely, she said to stay on, because I would never find my way back to where I wanted to be. The route went round a loop back to where we had just come, and she showed me where to get off. I was fine then because I recognised the area from when I went with my daughter. I had a nice time wandering around.

City Hall            Arcades

And finished my day with a delicious iced coffee and scrumptious chocolate brownie, it looked so good I had to take a photo! We have been eating way too much lots of lovely food.

∼ Be safe and well 

Polly x


16 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a great time! And that last photo -- oooooooooo, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Debra, it's so good spending time with my daughter.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so lovely. I’m glad you finally got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting lost like that usually works out well and is a great way to learn about a city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be Marie, as long as I don't panic!

      Delete
  4. Glad you were helped on route. The coffee and brownie look delicious, I would need the walk to work off the calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bus drivers are usually very helpful.

      Delete
  5. I have enough trouble riding my bike on the flat roads of Cambridgeshire - I could easily manage that chocolate cake though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any form of physical activity deserves cake!

      Delete
  6. You are having the best time! I love all you are sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Jeanie, and I have just returned from visiting friends, which I will be writing about soon.

      Delete
  7. You do know that calories do not count while on vacation, Polly. The treats looked very good as did the views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Beatrice, I had an idea that that was the case :-)

      Delete
  8. That iced coffee looks so good! Wouldn't it be great if calories didn't count on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that brownie dessert looks decadent, Polly! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...