6 February 2021

I had my first covid vaccination this afternoon. It was easy to arrange, I received a text on my phone, followed a link and chose a time slot. It was very well organised. There were several doctor's surgeries using one large surgery, we were checked in at the entrance, hand gelled, or as the hand gel man said, "put you through the sheep dip", moved along a corridor, into a room, jab and out through the back of the building. Job done.

In other news the jigsaw is driving me to distraction, it's very slow progress with the mountains.

Father Ted was a popular sitcom in the 90's. The surreal comedy featured three misfit priests. There's the dimwitted Father Dougal, Father Jack who lives for the simple pleasures of life (sleeping, drinking, and swearing), and Father Ted who tries to keep some kind of order in the house while at the same time trying to care for the good folk of  Craggy Island.
In one episode Father Dougal is doing a jigsaw, unable to connect the right pieces together he cuts bits off them until they fit where he wants them. Sometimes I feel like doing a Dougal!!  


At the moment I'm averaging 3 pieces a day. My daughter informed me that at this rate it would take 8 years to complete!! Obviously it won't, as I progress down to the more interesting areas I will forge ahead, and with that in mind I am moving from the mountains to the trees and down to the houses.

And elsewhere, ever the optimist I have booked another flight to Australia, same as last year but I added an extra week AND it was £200 cheaper than last year! Surely things will be better by the end of the year.
Be safe and well ~
Polly x

14 comments:

  1. Good news that you were able to get the vaccine, Polly, and without too much runaround. Our turn comes next weekend. Also great news on the rebooked Australia flight and more time with less cost was even better news. We will concentrate on short day trips with no plans to book an advance trip as we are still awaiting a refund from a cancelled 2020 Canadian rail trip. Hopefully, we will know something soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend and I should be having a mini break in April but I'm not sure it will go ahead. Good to hear about your vaccination Beatrice.

      Delete
  2. Delighted you are that much safer, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s great news. My mom is in her 80’s and still on waiting list. I’m so glad you got your trip scheduled again. Something to look forward to! I always do the easy parts on jigsaws first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is important to have something to look forward to. Everyone is going through the same thing with all days being the same.

      Delete
  4. I love Father Ted! I have the entire series on DVD. "Down with this sort of thing!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to watch t again. I know it's on catch up somewhere but I can't remember where. I'm sure my daughter knows.

      Delete
  5. Father Ted is one of my favourite tv comedies. The exchanges between Ted and Dougal are hilarious. Which reminds me, must book my annual trip to Craggy Island.

    I couldn't possibly do a jigsaw that big, it would drive me totally mad. I haven't done a jigsaw since my childhood.

    I've had my vaccination too. But I haven't seen any up-to-date info on how many vaccinees have developed covid later. I'm sticking to all the usual precautions to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much as its driving me crazy I don't want to give up. I don't know how many have developed covid. I felt grim last night but feel much better now.

      Delete
  6. I would like to see Father Ted. I like Death in Paradise and recently learned that Ardal O'Hanlon who played Jack Mooney in DIP was Father Ted (or in Father Ted). I'd love to see the show -- it sounds fun.

    So glad you have your first jab. One step closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Death in Paradise, I've seen them all but never tire of watching them again and again :-) Father Ted is very funny.

      Delete
  7. Good news on the vaccine. Here's hoping that you trip goes ahead, we cancelled so many trips last year we haven't bothered thus far. We will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ordinarily when you book a flight you have to pay the full price up front, but Trailfinders only asked for a £100 deposit. I'm not sure I would have booked it if I had had to pay the full price, not knowing what situation we are going to be in in December!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...