30 March 2023

A Nice Day Out

Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Last Monday my friend M and I enjoyed a day out in Covent Garden. It was a day trip with our favourite coach company. Picked up near home, dropped off in the  theatre district and collected from there 5 hours later.

We had a lovely time browsing around all the lovely shops then lunch, and glorious weather was an added bonus.

oOo

I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of Paul O'Grady, I was a huge fan. He will be sorely missed, not least of all by the staff at Battersea Dog's Home where he was a much loved ambassador who helped raise the profile of Battersea to millions around the world through the hugely popular ITV series 'Paul O'Grady For The Love of Dogs'.


∼ Be safe and well ∼
Polly x

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a VERY nice day out. I've never seen Paul O'Grady or his Battersea TV program, but I know that Larry the Chief Mouser of 10 Downing Street came from Battersea Animal Shelter originally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did, I had forgotten about him. I wish more people would adopt pets

      Delete
  2. Those charming buildings. I'd love to see those when I come in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately one to put on your 'to visit' list :-)

      Delete
  3. I used to work near Covent Garden and I loved wandering around it and exploring all the interesting shops. Paul O'Grady was never really on my radar, but it's good that he publicised the dogs' home and has prompted such a massive flow of donations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't to everyone's taste, but yes the donations are wonderful.

      Delete
  4. What a fun time out, Polly. What food to you eat? How was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy, we ate at the Punch & Judy pub, I had butternut and sweet potato soup which was delicious with a chunk of bread and butter, my friend had her signature toasted cheese and onion sandwich. I had a small cake later!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...