17 March 2023

St Patrick's Day

 

Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Born in Wales somewhere around AD 385 Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, is credited with bringing Christianity to Ireland. It's thought he was carried off by pirates and spent six years in slavery before escaping and training as a missionary.
The most famous story about Saint Patrick is him driving the snakes from Ireland. He died on 17th March in AD 461 and this day has since been commemorated as St. Patrick’s Day.

I often wonder how much fact is in such stories, and how much is elaborated for a good story as they get passed down through generations.

∼ Be warm and well∼
    Polly x

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy a nice cold 'n frothy mug of green beer to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I settled for coffee and cake with my friend, then a cheeky Asti later!

      Delete
  2. I suspect a lot of the stories about St Patrick are fabrications. Lots of Irish locations claim a (probably non-existent) link with St Patrick. It's interesting that although he was born in Wales he's now a patron saint of Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought a patron saint of Ireland being born in Wales was a bit odd.

      Delete
  3. Dr K1 cures my chronic illness and brings back my ex after Dr K1 helps me cast a spell that binds me and husband together, Dr k1 is a traditional healer with a great ancestral power. Dr k1 prepare a herbal medicine to me that cure my chronic illness and herpes completely cure and today I get no more outbreak for two years now, He send me the herbal medicines through UPS Courier service with instruction on how to drink the herbal medicines that i drink for 15 days that cure my herpes and chronic illness.Dr K1 cures all diseases like cancer,ALS,Herpes,HPV,lLupus,HE also casts a spell.Contact Dr k1 now on Email: drk1healingcentre@gmail.com or visit his blog site www.drk1healingcentre.wordpress.com or WhatsApp:+2347084710828.
    Get your Ex back with his help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...