29 November 2022

A Good Read

The Thursday Murder Club
by Richard Osman

If I ever have to live in a retirement community, I would like it be like Cooper's Chase, where Elizabeth, Joyce, Ron and Ibrahim have a lot of fun. They formed The Thursday Murder Club with the intention of trying to solve "cold cases" from former member Penny's police files. They invited PC Donna De Freitas over to talk about home security, but really they wanted to ask about murder and stab wounds.
When new murders occur in the community, they are convinced they can find the culprit. Eventually, working with two reluctant police detectives, they take up the challenge.

Celebrity writers can be a hit and miss experience. I found this delightful. I loved the senior citizens with their sassy antics and their zest for life. I loved the twists and turns of their unorthodox investigations. The gentle humour strikes just the right balance, without being too flippant or cheesy. I also liked the detectives, with their protectiveness of the septuagenarians and their good-natured acceptance of their often questionable behaviour.

∼ Happy Reading ∼ 

Polly x

6 comments:

  1. Septuagenarians with often questionable behaviour? Sounds like my kinda people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha, me too Debra, that's what I want to be when I'm really old!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very fun read. I love those kinds of books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he has written a few. I'm going to choose another one for my book club.

      Delete
  3. Sounds good. I must track down a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and I've heard his other ones are as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...