17 January 2020

Downton Abbey


Went to see the Downton Abbey film last night. The cast was the same as the TV series, with the addition of Geraldine James as Queen Mary and Simon Jones as King George V, and as usual they all put in stellar performances. I know it received some bad reviews but I loved it. I think you had to be a fan of the TV series to enjoy it. 
The film had the Crawley household preparing for a royal visit. The family and staff were swept along on a tide of excitement and a flurry of activity with smaller stories running alongside. As well as a good story it also tied up story lines from the TV series to a satisfactory conclusion. 
And as usual the sets and costumes were stunning. 

Be warm and well ~ 
Polly x

14 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the house and landscape on the big screen, and I enjoyed the movie. I left wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have visited Highclere Castle, but seeing the aerial view on the big screen was impressive.

      Delete
  2. I loved it! I found the critical reviews..critical lol:)Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like critics, many of them think too highly of themselves :-)

      Delete
  3. Bought it on BluRay and watched it several times to completely fall in love with it. I enjoyed seeing the series plot lines wrapped up on the big screen. The critics didn't get it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they wrapped up the plot lines as there won't be another series :-(

      Delete
  4. I have not seen it yet but I want to see it. We were captivated with that show when it was on pbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to see it but certainly my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked it! Wasn't it fun to connect with the Crawleys again?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Jeanie, I had a huge smile on my face for most of the film!

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen Downton Abbey (the show or the movie), but I love the outfits! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the series Polly but somehow I missed the movie, will watch out for it on Netflix ✨

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...