16 August 2015

Saturday

Saturday was quite a busy day, starting with the morning walk with the dogs. 
I tried to post this yesterday evening but we are having problems with our internet connection.

After breakfast I pruned a few roses. 

then I treated Buster's legs and feet, he will tell you all about that in his next diary post.


 After a spot of tidying and some lunch I went with a friend to collect her daughter's dog from the kennels. I didn't want to put any make-up on or dress up, I wasn't being lazy because I usually do make an effort, but I knew my friend would be casually dressed so I opted for my favourite comfortable trousers and a light cotton tee shirt, oh and a smattering of mascara and eyebrows!


I love my little M&S coral bag, it receives lots of compliments.

The kennels was very posh, little M had been very well looked after.


Back home I started to prepare dinner - Slimming World Chicken
Pasanda Sizzler with roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
Preheat oven to 200 deg C/400 deg F/Gas 6.
Combine 150g yogurt with 1 tblsp mild curry powder,
juice of 1 lemon, 1" fresh ginger and 2 garlic cloves.

 Cut 4 chicken breasts into bite size pieces and marinade in the mixture for at least half an hour. 
A cup of coffee is optional :-)

Put cauliflower and broccoli florets onto a baking tray or into a dish, I used the actifry, spray with Fry Light and sprinkle over 2 tsp cumin seeds. Roast for about 35 mins. It took about 40 mins.

In a large frying pan sprayed with Fry Light soften 1 large chopped onion and 1 cinnamon stick for about 5 mins.  Add the chicken mix and cook for 3 mins.
Add 2 tsp tomato puree and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through.

I served it with papadums, naan bread and mango chutney. I was disappointed with the look of the broccoli and cauliflower, they needed a lot of sprays of fry light. They tasted all right but if I do this dish again I will par boil them first.

2 comments:

  1. The pink rose is my favorite. The M&S bag just doesn't go with my wardrobe. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, coral can be a difficult colour to match!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...