23 January 2021

A Good Read

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
In a split second Jenna Gray's world descends into a nightmare. Desperate to escape, she moves to a remote cottage on the Welsh coast, but her hopes of moving on and starting afresh are haunted by her fears, her grief and her memories of that cruel November night.
Slowly, Jenna begins to glimpse the potential for happiness, but her past is about to catch up with her, and the consequences will be devastating.
The novel starts out as a crime of hit and run. It was a slow build up, then wham, a major twist happens, which I did not see coming, and everything changes. The story then takes off in twists and turns.
It’s well written with a strong plot, good characters, and some tense, thrilling and shocking moments. It held my interest from page one.

∼ Happy Reading ∼
Polly x

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a worthwhile read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this book on my shelf for over a year. Maybe now I'll pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine reading this novel would be like riding a roller coaster. The writer is an excellent architect of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Polly, what an interesting book!
    Thank you for your kind comment. We have some health issues in our family now. I'm looking forward to reading your posts with more time.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara, it's goo to hear from you. I hope your family are all well.

      Delete
  5. Oh Polly I've just been back to read posts missed while I was away. I'm so sorry to hear about Buster, I know what it's like to lose a much loved furry family member. Buster looked like such an endearing character, I'm guessing Rufus will be missing him also. You will have to console each other with long walks and lots of hugs, which I'm sending to you also. I'm glad the Fremantle photos bring back happy memories for you, Freo has such a lot of character, always enjoy our visits there. You take care of yourself 💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your book recommendations, dear Polly. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also read or rather listened to this as an audio book and agree it was great! Another author I have enjoyed recently is Catherine Steadman and you might also enjoy Mr Nobody and Something in the Water by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beatrice, I will put them on my list :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...