15 January 2021

Dollshouse Update

Dollshouse number 2 is taking a long time to complete but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I've been working on the kitchen for ages making everything myself so I have spent a fair amount of time working out how to make things!
In between taxing the little grey cells I have made some accessories for other rooms. 

Starting in Miss Teen's room, she has a new jewellery box made with two small pieces of wood covered with pink leather and a faux diamond on the lid. Some posters printed from the web, and some photographs of random people printed from the web and glued onto sparkly card.

Freddie likes sitting on the bed with her.

I'm currently working out how to make a dressing gown for her.

Mr Teen's room now has Mr Teen in it, along with some posters, photos,
books and x-box games, all printed from the web and stuck onto card stock.

There is some wall art  in the bathroom.

A chair, rug , picture and Dylan are on the top landing

Two pictures, framed photos and a large mirror in the master bedroom

Chloe likes sleeping in this room

The library has pictures, a laptop,  a mobile phone

and steps
I made the books and bought the bookends with globes that rotate.

The middle landing has a runner, a picture and a plant. The plant isn't a miniature, I  bought it in
Asda for the princely sum of £1 ! I'm not sure it looks right though, I think it's a bit large.
Please feel free to comment :-)

I have a Mr and Mrs in the lounge. I've removed the plant because
I thought it was over powering that corner. It's in the dining room now.

A picture, photos, a flower vase and the plant in the dining room.

a runner, console table, plant, photo, clock and mirror in the ground floor hall.

I made the mirror and the spider plant, the pot is a toothpaste lid!
The rooms look much better now, having had some personal touches added.

Be safe and well ~
Polly x

18 comments:

  1. I am so impressed,Polly. It’s just darling. I love the various personalities that live in your little house. Well done, you!

    I agree about the plant under the stairway. Do you have a room with a taller ceiling clearance? You can get away with a big plant and pot if there is adequate room above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, and thank you for the comment on the plant :-)

      Delete
  2. My word Polly, a real feast for the eyes. What a joy to take a tour around, inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details just amaze me. And I’m always tickled to hear how you’ve recycled something like a toothpaste cap. Thank you for the grand tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bijoux. I'm working on a small mouse house made with lots of everyday items found around the house, it's fun :-)

      Delete
  4. Exquisite work! Yes, I think that plant is too large for under the staircase. "Not enough natural light for a plant there either," LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully done! You have an eye for miniature decorating. Great ideas and follow through...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely - you have obviously had great fun making Dolls House No.2. If the plant sat in a scaled down container it might fit in better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary. That's a good idea for the plant, I will try it.

      Delete
  7. That doll's house is amazing. I shudder to think how much time and painstaking effort has gone into it! I love Miss Teen and Freddie. I love the enormous bookshelves in the library. And how did you manage to make a mini-laptop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take up a lot of time, some of which is making mistakes and having to start all over again! The laptop is an image printed from the internet and glued onto card stock coloured using a silver permanent marker pen.

      Delete
  8. Polly, I am ready to relocate to such a great space. The attention you have given to detail is amazing, creative, and wonderful to see. How you manage to craft such small pieces is something I could never accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol :-) Thank you Beatrice. Youtube has been an excellent tutorial resource.

      Delete
  9. Polly, your dollhouse is extraordinary! What a talent you have for working with furnishings so tiny. I love the fact that you used a toothpaste lid for the plant container, and that you made the spider plant yourself. So clever and perfectly executed. Bravo! Well done! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unbelievably fabulous Polly, oh my gosh you have so much patience. A delight to see 💙

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...