8 December 2020

A Good Read

The Ice Child by Camilla Läckberg 
January in the peaceful seaside resort of Fjällbacka. A semi-naked girl wanders through the woods in freezing cold weather. She stumbles into the road straight into the path of an oncoming car. The driver is unable to brake in time and the girl is killed. The post mortem reveals she has been subjected to unimaginably brutal horrific torture, and subsequent investigations reveal she went missing four months ago.
The police soon discover that three other girls are missing from nearby towns, but there are no fresh leads. When Patrik’s wife stumbles across a link to an old murder case, the detective is forced to see his investigation in a whole new light.
The story takes a while to progress, building a steady escalation of suspense. There are a lot of interconnected characters and some of them are very nasty, committing unspeakable atrocities.
It kept me guessing most of the time. I had figured out some historical facts but the ending was a complete ‘OMG I didn’t see that coming’.

∼ Happy Reading ∼
Polly x

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's a good word Debra, parts of it are very harrowing.

      Delete
  2. That's always fun when you didn't see it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author, Polly, but I have one of her books on my e-book wish list, so maybe I will include this one as well. Thanks for the recommendation as I am always looking for new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sticking with less horrific stories these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha, yes I need to read gentle ones now and again.

      Delete
  5. Unspeakable atrocities? Maybe not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it makes for uncomfortable reading.

      Delete
  6. Sounds a bit too scary for me. I'm now reading Deception by Gaslight, have yet to decide what I think.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...