2 November 2020

Buster's Diary

It's 4 months since my operation. I went to sleep at the vets with four legs and woke up with three and adapted straight away (well you have to don't you), and have coped admirably ever since.

Here I am just a few days after the op wearing a rather fetching blue waistcoat. Polly sewed up the leg hole I didn't need to stop me getting to the wound. The stitches were internal but I might have licked or nibbled it. The wound healed really well and my hair is growing back nicely.

I enjoy life, our walks, running around, playing with other dogs, sniffing everything, and I enjoy the attention. We met a group of young boys a couple of weeks ago who initially said "Oh poor dog, he's only got three legs" they came over and made a big fuss of me and Polly explained that I was perfectly happy. 

Polly hasn't coped as well as me, she gets slightly anxious when I walk on the tiled kitchen floor until I get to the runner on the door side of the kitchen, I slip sometimes. She put a large rug down but that freaked me out (I am easily spooked). I'm getting better at it though, I'm better if I just do it without thinking about it. The kitchen floor is worse than the wooden floors. And sometimes I stumble when walking and turn too quickly.

Elsewhere at home everything is pretty much the same. Rufus started to look  as if he was putting on weight so Polly gave him slightly less dinner and he is looking much better.

This is an area of set aside. Previously it was given over to a few wild flowers and a lot of weeds.
This year though it was full of lovely wild flowers.  Aren't they pretty?

This pretty marigold is growing out of the concrete.

This is how well I am doing, I can still run very fast. I had seen something in the distance, probably a squirrel, it was a bit late in the morning for rabbits to be out. Polly wasn't paying attention properly, she was slow to follow through!

Last May it was just the car on the roof, it's joined by a scooter now! 

The fields have been ploughed

I used to go in this stream regularly but I'm not sure I can manage it now. Polly says she loves me but she's not sure she wants to scramble down a 4 foot vertical bank if I get into difficulty!

Checking out one of the Badger extensions.

We've  had lots of rain and the level of the stream that we usually go through is super high 

That's how it usually is on the left, just a few inches deep, 
and this is how it was a couple of days ago on the right.

I like drinking from muddy puddles!

We've had some very windy weather

Look at Rufus, he doesn't look very comfortable!

Polly is making more quilts, she's made a Christmas one for her daughter in Australia. 
She was hoping to deliver it in person but she will have to post it now.

That's all for now

Be warm and well ~
Buster 🐾

17 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you are doing well, Buster. I enjoyed seeing where you like to play and explore. Your marigold blooms look different than ours,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Bijoux thank you. Glad you enjoyed seeing our play and explore areas. We have lots of lovely countryside nearby.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're doing so well, Buster! Good dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster I haven't been here for so long, I didn't know you were a tripaw now. It's good to see you doing so well. My Harry was bitten at playgroup last week so he has been using three legs and he's not quite so cool about it all. He feels better now but keeps giving aggressive looks to the wound on his leg, as if that would help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie. I hope Harry makes a full speedy recovery.

      Delete
  4. Imagine being able to run like that and on only three legs - Buster, you must teach Polly how to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice blog that I would like to read regularly. It would help if you could add a plugin that will enable readers to opt for receiving email alerts of your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buster, I am glad you healed and adapted so well to the amputation. Polly is your angel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear your report and that things are going well, even the floors. But I understand Polly's angst. It's a mom thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you Jeanie, it's the loving and nurturing thing x

      Delete
  8. Thanks, Buster, for this update on how well you are doing and your running is impressive. It’s clear that you are not holding back on enjoying life even if Polly does worry at times. We know she loves you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend Fido is glad to hear you're doing so well. She's impressed that you can still run so fast and you're not missing the fourth leg. But mind your step on that kitchen floor, she adds! She thinks dogs are much more adaptable than us grumpy humans....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree about the humans Fido :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...