14 November 2020

Mutiny

"Maybe we can dodge the showers" I said to Buster and Rufus
"Really" they replied, "we don't do rain".
It was very light rain and very mild, I wanted to get out for some exercise and fresh air.
We didn't get very far. After only about half an hour this happened.

They both stopped, refusing to move another step. Now and again Rufus does this even if the weather is good but he soon catches up, but Buster never stops, so when he did I knew it was mutiny. 

"What do you think Buster? I'm fed up with walking in this miserable rain, even if it is light rain"


"Me too" said Buster, "I want to go home".
We came home.

Be warm and well ~
Polly x

16 comments:

  1. They have spoken, indeed! I don’t mind a little drizzle, but once my glasses get wet, I have to head home, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyesight has changed now but I used to wear glasses all the time and yes, rain was a problem.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are, they let me know what they want.

      Delete
  3. i can’t blame them. Rain doesn’t look great on a fur coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't Marie, they have looked so bedraggled at times!

      Delete
  4. Good for them, I don't do rain either lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually but it was very fine, my trousers didn't even get wet!

      Delete
  5. Smart dogs indeed. Chutki does this often irrespective of what weather when she simply wants to return home to sleep. Koko is the exact opposite. Despite being blind, she wants to stay out all the time and resents coming back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing Chutki and Koko are your pet dogs?

      Delete
  6. I would have thought they'd be so grateful for a good long walk that a bit of light rain wouldn't put them off. What a couple of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha they are related to greyhounds, notorious couch potatoes, it's in their DNA!

      Delete
  7. I'm with Rufus and Buster and would also have elected to return home having been caught walking in the unexpected rain more than once and without an umbrella or hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been caught in fierce rain a few times.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes you just learn who is boss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rufus particularly knows just how much he can get away with!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...