6 November 2020

A Good Read

End of Watch by Stephen King the last of the Bill Hodges trilogy.

Bill Hodges is still running Finders Keepers agency with partner Holly Gibney. One day his old cop partner and friend Pete Huntley asks him to take a look at a crime scene knowing that Bill and Holly often have a ‘nose’ for something that isn’t immediately obvious. Hodges is intrigued by the letter Z written with a marker at the scene.

When similar cases occur Hodges is stunned to discover that evidence points to Brady Hartsfield, the evil psychopathic ‘Mercedes killer’. But it can’t be, Hartsfield is confined to a hospital bed in an unresponsive state after Holly knocked him out to prevent him blowing up a stadium and killing hundreds of teenagers. But Hartsfield has new lethal powers, and still full of hatred he is planning revenge, not just on Hodges and his friends, but on the entire city.

Another excellent page turner from Stephen King. 

I will miss Hodges and Holly.

∼ Happy Reading ∼

Polly x

12 comments:

  1. I love a good trilogy! It’s nice to get a conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a good mystery, is there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just wish I could work them all out!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read fiction in years and occasionally when I read such reviews I am tempted but, the thought of the pending to be read number of books deters me from going back to fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I belong to two book groups, we take it in turn to choose a book, but I also have my own to get through as well!

      Delete
  4. This trilogy is unfamiliar to me, and based on your reading recommendation, it will be marked as a future read on my wish list. It keeps growing day by day (sigh) so many books and now much more time as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep adding to my 'To read' list, trouble is I need to add more time to get through them all!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the interesting post! I have never read Stephen King and also this story sounds even too scary for me. :)
    Thank you for your comment! I'm sorry it took so long to visit you back. Caring the elderly parents in these Covid times is sometimes exhausting.
    Wishing you happy and beautiful autumn days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds quite good. Thanks for the description -- I wasn't familiar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...