First up was the house itself. Cutting extra windows in the side panels left marks around each one. It needed a couple of coats on each side. They don't look the same colour because of different lighting but they do blend very well with the colour of the rest of the house.
Next were some banisters and the door for the room at the top of the house, some windows and patio doors. This work had to be done outside because of the mess and the fumes. I used an upturned stool and a piece of cardboard to balance and stand some items on. I strung the windows across the stool, and hung the patio doors on the clothes line - slightly Heath Robinson.
The basement is going to be a garage on one side and a utility room on the other. I wanted the walls to have a whitewashed brick effect. I covered them with an embossed brick paper then sprayed them.
I sprayed the stairs on the other side of this door first
then the whole area. Next I put the patio doors in, put a key plate on the door
After fitting the lights I realised I wanted to put an opening in the top of the staircase at the back, leading from the basement to the ground floor. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I also knew it would bug me forever more if I didn't do it. So that was my next job.........