9 April 2024

A Muddy Walk

The U3a walks have started again. Last Friday we did a 5 mile walk. I wasn't confident that I would manage it without having foot problems - I have Morton's neuroma in my right foot. A few months ago I bought a pair of knee high wellington boots, they are excellent, extremely comfortable and totally waterproof, but I have never walked more than about 3½ miles in them. I needn't have worried, my feet were fine.
Despite a gloomy forecast the weather was glorious, not a drop of rain, and mostly sunshine. However parts of the walk were muddy, very muddy.


After meeting in the pub car park our walk started around the corner from the pub the other side of those brambles. Most of my fellow walkers were surprised that I was wearing wellies instead of walking boots but only a few minutes into the walk the terrain was a quagmire, ankle high mud, there was very little solid ground and many people got slightly wet feet. I couldn't help feeling a little smug!!


 The walk should have taken us alongside a scenic abandoned railway line but our leader said it was cordoned off  because it was almost impassable.


I forgot to charge my phone the night before! so I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked. Our leader took this one and posted it for us to use.

Despite the mud we all enjoyed the walk, and our meal at the pub afterwards 😋 My feet were warm and dry throughout.

∼ Be safe and well∼ 
Polly x 

11 comments:

  1. Good thing you had those wellies -- very smart of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to wear wellies around here as sometimes water and mud half way up the wellies. Good you got a comfy pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always worn boots but I'm so pleased I bought the wellies :-)

      Delete
  3. We have had such a rainy sinter and now early spring that your wellies would be perfect for walks. I do have waterproof hiking shoes, but they would not do well in the mud on your walk, Polly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this weather wellies are the only option.

      Delete
  4. How fun to have a group to walk with -- and a great place to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved the word, wellies. Just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...