22 December 2023

My Great Mince Pie Survey

Yes dear reader, once again it's my Great Mince Pie Survey!

Co-op all butter pastry mince pies
I didn't like these last year but this time I did, maybe they've changed the recipe. The pastry was tasty and firm and the filling was very nice.


M&S all butter pastry filled with vine fruits, cranberries, clementine and cognac topped with frangipane. I love frangipane, these are delicious.


M&S mini all butter pastry filled with vine fruits, cranberries, clementine and cognac. The same as above without the frangipane.


Aldi all butter pastry infused with brandy, cider and ruby port.
Very nice, tasty pie.

I haven't done very well with my survey this year. Being poorly with a cold for a week left me feeling very tired which meant I didn't get to buy as many as planned, and more disappointingly I didn't get to Waitrose for their brown butter pies. 

                          Be warm and well ∼ 
Polly x 


11 comments:

  1. Sorryto read that you had a cold and that the cold set you back. Here's to 2024 ! And getting back to one hundred percent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Mince Tart DISASTER this year. For the past few years, I've been using a Canadian brand of commercially prepared mince that I spoon into tart shells and bake. Delicious. But I couldn't find any this year. Have they stopped production? (Mince tarts/pies are not as popular as they were 50 years ago). So I bought a jar of Robertson's Mince filling from Britain. SO FRIGGIN OVERLY SWEET I COULDN'T STAND IT! I may resort to tossing most of my mince tarts in the garbage. Next year I'm going to bite the bullet and make my own mince. I just got a nice recipe for it by Anna Olson, the Canadian Queen of Baking, that doesn't look too hard to do and goes easy on the sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I was disappointed at not getting any Waitrose pies I actually think I'm going off them!! I never thought I would say that!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to learn that you have been ill, but glad that you have picked up just in time for Christmas. I usually make my own mince pies - just pastry with a brandy mince filling - however, some of yours sound quite exotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home made ones were bad, which is why I buy them!

      Delete
  4. We like Mr Kipling but also Coop's own from their bakery, but as we're always watching what we eat we only have one or two; hope your cold is improving, take time out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, I'm much better, just tired.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...