9 December 2023

Hibernation

Animals deal with winter so much better than I do - they eat a load of food then sleep through it!

There are aspects of winter that I love though - my warm padded coats, hats, gloves, scarves, arriving home on a cold wet evening and being greeted by the warmth in the house, comfort food - a bowl of tasty soup with crusty bread, stew and dumplings, and sponge puddings with custard!


Some mornings I have to steel myself to go out in the cold with Rufus


but once we're out and walking I soon warm up 


and if we have the bonus of sunshine it's lovely.


Come on Rufy, keep up.
Sometimes I think he only wants to go so far and then home for breakfast! We've recently met a gorgeous spaniel whose tail never stops wagging as he runs around following different scents. Then he runs up to Rufus and they run around together for a bit, until he detects another scent, and off he goes!



I'm finishing two quilts I started in June


Bees


and Sheriff Woody

At the moment hibernation is forced rather than choice. On Wednesday morning I felt fine, took Rufus out, had breakfast, did a bit of housework, then later in the day I started coughing and sneezing and felt very poorly. I've spent two days not getting dressed, just moved from bed to sofa!! I'm pleased to say that I'm starting to feel a bit better and today I'm dressed, but still on the sofa. 


I started a 1000 piece jigsaw


which isn't progressing very well because I haven't wanted to anything except sleep.

∼ Be warm and well ∼
Polly x

13 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you feel better soon, Polly! That jigsaw puzzle's not going to finish itself, you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha, yes I know. I'm looking forward to getting back to it. I will finish it because although there is a lot of snow the pieces aren't too difficult to identify.

      Delete
  2. Crusty bread and soup. Yes please and thank you!

    Very fun quilts that you did. Our Wiggy (recently died), was one of those happy dogs with the tail always going. Even when she sat outside by herself, I'd look out the window and her tail a'going. Too cute. Happy Winter! Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're feeling poorly, Polly, and hope your symptoms disappear as quickly as they came. Your quilts are darling. And I so understand what you mean about winter and hibernation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, I'm feeling much better x

      Delete
  4. Hello Again, I 've been trying to find your blog again and here you. Sorry you're feeling unwell, hope you'll feel a lot better soon. Jigsaws were our fail safe in lock down. I loved reading your blog having lived in Billericay for over 40 years, its nice to read about the places near where I lived We live in Wales now in the town where I was born, a big move but we're settled here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chris, I've just visited your blog. Thank you for your well wishes. I am feeling much better, just have a bit of a blocked up head now!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you're better soon. Sponge puddings and custard, mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you had an "excuse" for not going on a walk, Polly, but i do hope you are feeling well enough to resume. From the photos it seems you have some lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice, I'm feeling much better now thank you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...