18 December 2023

Christmas Celebrations

My Christmas celebrations kicked off last Tuesday with a meal at a nearby restaurant with my craft club ladies. I had prawn cocktail, salmon which was delicious, with cauliflower cheese, brussels, carrots and beautiful roast potatoes, and finished with chocolate yule log.

Wednesday afternoon I made some small mince pies for my U3a do the following day. They weren't hugely successful, I discarded four of them. The U3a Christmas do was very good with assorted delicious sandwiches from M&S, mulled wine, cakes contributed by members and yummy trifle and/or profiteroles. We had quiz sheets on our tables which were fun, and we were entertained by a brilliant magician.


He turned this plain piece of paper into a £50 note, then back again! That guy on the right wasn't being rude on his phone, he was opening the camera app.


He had a ring from one of the ladies and made it disappear, then it appeared on this chain when that little red strip was burnt! His repertoire also included card tricks. 
I would love to know how they are all done. I didn't win anything in the raffle.


Last Friday I went to the carols in the Cathedral.


On Saturday I went to a fantastic "Strictly Come Dancing" party hosted by one of my village book club ladies. We all dressed in posh frocks and sparkly jewellery. Our host did a great job. We were all assigned a judge and had to hold up a score just before they did, if our score matched that of the judge we put a star on our sheet, the one with the most stars won a lovely festive head band.


The food was amazing, all homemade, B loves cooking and entertaining


her cottage is beautiful.

My bowls club Christmas meal was today, this time I had traditional turkey which was absolutely delicious and plentiful, and on Wednesday is another club's monthly meeting where will all contribute to a buffet. I will be making more mince pies tomorrow, which hopefully will be better than the last ones!

I won't be celebrating anything on Thursday, I have an appointment with the dentist for a filling!

∼ Be warm and well∼ 
Polly x 

16 comments:

  1. Wow what meals you've had, and all delicious. Our U3a Gardening group had super food and we came 2nd in the Quiz and I won one of the raffle prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like some lovely gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you social butterfly, so many fun holiday events to attend! Too bad you didn't grab that 50 before the magician turned it back into plain paper again, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did cross my mind but I wouldn't have been able to run fast enough!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Monique, the same to you too :-)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like such fun -- well, OK -- except for the mince pies, but I'm sure they were better than you thought! If I don't get back before we leave for Christmas, have a VERY Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, and I wish you the same. Trust me the pies were not nice :-(

      Delete
  6. Hope it went well with the dentist. How fun to have a bit of magic too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these delicious meals and evenings out sound wonderful. Have a lovely christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have certainly had a lot of fun and delicious holiday outings, Polly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...