5 October 2022

A Good Read

Some Day I’ll Find You by Richard Madeley

When Diana Arnold’s brother introduces her to James Blackwell she is smitten, he is sexy, handsome and a fighter pilot - every girl's dream man. Before long they are in love and decide to marry, just as war is declared. On their wedding day fate delivers a cruel blow. After tying the knot James is called into action on a mission in northern France, flying back he is shot down and killed. Diana is left not only a widow but pregnant with their child.
Ten years later, contentedly remarried, Diana is sitting in a sunny village square in the south of France when a taxi draws up nearby and she hears a familiar voice. Diana is soon to be plunged into torment and blackmail with only one way out.

I have an issue with the title, to me it means that a person is hoping to find someone. Most of my book club ladies thought the plot was implausible, but (not wanting to give too much away) I think it could have been that way with a certain type of character. It’s billed as a psychological thriller, it is, but I’ve read better. It’s not a bad plot. The pace was good, it's an easy read.

∼ Happy Reading ∼ 

Polly x

8 comments:

  1. I agree that "some day I'll find you" can also be a threat -- but not when written in that cutesy, coloured italicized font. That choice of font was presumably deliberate -- to obscure, mislead or throw people off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find any resemblance to the title and the plot. I agree about the font, but even with threatening moments in the book, a scary title wouldn't have had any connection.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea that Richard Madeley had written a book - at least I imagine that it is the same Richard aka Richard & Judy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the same Rosemary. I think he has written a few. I don't feel inclined to read any more though.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello Jeanie, it wa a book club choice, I don't think I would have chosen it myself.

      Delete
  4. I always appreciate reviews from fellow bloggers, but this one isn't one I would choose for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beatrice, no I wouldn't have either, it was a book club choice.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...