28 June 2022

All Things Bright & Beautiful

In May my garden was a picture, Roses were stunning, the Valerian were growing in shades of light and dark pink, Forget Me Nots, Bluebells, something pretty and orange that reminds me of wallflowers, pretty little red Geum, the lovely Bergenias, some pink things, Pulmonaria which I don't like much but they are a nice shade of blue, and they fill gaps, and lots of what I think are wild chamomile, all were putting on a grand show of colour, and the lawn was a lush green.


Now there's a hiatus, some plants have expired, and others are getting a second wind. As for the lawn, well it now has lots of dry brown patches. I know it will pick up again though, grass is amazing, it can look dead one minute, then green up instantly after some rain.


The petunias and geraniums are doing well, the sweet peas not so well. It was exactly the same last year, I sowed loads of seeds, they grew, I planted them, they were very healthy, then something started  nibbling away at them, and bam - they stopped growing. I've put copper tape round them and sprayed them so I'm hoping some of them will grow to bloom.

I made that owl at a pottery class decades ago.
I think it's a bit freaky but I've kept it because I made it!! 

The gazebo is up and I've put bunting around it, I do like bunting, it's round the shed as well. I love sitting here when the weather is hot.

Some weather has been hot enough for Rufus to go in the stream for a drink and a cool down.

Further afield more trees have been cut down, and that is going to be a huge bonfire.

The wheat is starting to turn


And even further afield in town was this lovely family.

∼ Be safe and well∼
Polly x

15 comments:

  1. Your garden is a joy! I like bunting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, I like it, and I'm trying to spend more time just sitting in it rather than working in it!

      Delete
  2. The flowers were nice to see and the seating area would be my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to relax there with breakfast after I have walked Rufus.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It took me ages to find something pretty.

      Delete
  4. I love all your flowers and your owl. I’ve not seen any wild chamomile here, but it’s pretty, too. What is copper tape? We have chipmunk and deer problems here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bijoux. The tape is a thin layer of copper with a sticky backing that sticks around the rim of pots. Snails won't go over it because it reacts with their slimy bodies.

      Delete
  5. Oh, that’s interesting! We don’t have snail problems, so maybe that’s why I’ve not heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky, we are plagued with them, I have lost so many Hostas. We can buy poison slug pellets but I don't use them because if hedgehogs eat a poisoned slug the hedgehog will die too. So I use the tape and rough small gravel.

      Delete
  6. Our June blooms are beginning to wane, as well, but July flowers are on their way. We can always count on petunias and geraniums to take us through the summer. Are you in the UK? The wheat looks great. Here in Colorado, our wheat grower friends lost so much of their crop to wind early in the spring. It's been rough for them. Love the stairs on the Lake House. They are very well crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was me--Ann's Dollhouse Dreams and the Garden Spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ann, yes I'm in the UK. Thank yuo for the lovely comment on the stairs.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful garden pictures,love Rufus in the water clever dog…love Ria and Leaf 🍀🐾💗

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...