17 June 2022

A Good Read

The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night Time by Mark Haddon is a murder mystery with a difference. The detective and narrator is Christopher Boone. Christopher is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. He knows a very great deal about maths and very little about human beings, he relates well to animals. He loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road on his own, but when he finds Wellington, a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on a quest to find the killer, a quest that will take him way out of his comfort zone. Christopher uses his skills of analysis to matter-of-factly investigate this horrible crime.

I liked the characters, and despite a few bleak moments the story is delightfully funny.


∼ Happy Reading ∼ 

Polly x

4 comments:

  1. I read that book many years ago. I did not like it as I was concerned it turned Aspies into a stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder about that, but I think it's difficult to write about many situations and not have them become stereotypes.

      Delete
  2. This has been on my "to read" list FOREVER. Someday I gotta get to it! Glad to read your recommendation of the book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...