4 September 2020

Another Nice Walk

Another walk you might like to join me on.
I like this walk but we don't do it very often because it goes round a fishing lake that is open all year round so I don't let the dogs off their leads. I went a couple of times during lockdown, but even without the fishermen there it was difficult to let them off because I couldn't see far enough ahead to get them on their leads if anyone was coming towards us.
I don't think I will do this walk with Buster anymore, he's doing very well, he loves to run off the lead, but this is quite a long walk and I'm not sure he would cope. It's difficult to gauge just how far he can go, he doesn't know that wherever we go we have to do the same distance home!

Back to the lake walk. 
From my house, down the road

Past the school

the horses

and the duck pond with a bridge across to their cute little houses

through the mighty oak trees

onto the field.
We're heading for that row of trees on the horizon. On hot days there is no shade, on cold winter days the wind whips around the fields, and with no trees or hedges for shelter it's mighty cold.

Arriving at the trees heading for that bridge barely visible behind the grass.
Dear Buster, before his operation.

more bridges into the wood

and we arrive at the fishing lake

There are over 40 pitches. It's a lovely site.

The guy at this tent had everything he needed for a few days stay. A comfy camp bed and sleeping bag, cooker, cool bag and food. All the comforts of home. I wouldn't mind camping in this pretty and quiet area, as long as it stayed warm and sunny!

These parents were making a heck of a racket which I thought was aimed at me

Then I saw the other family a few metres away

Continuing all the way round the lake coming back to where we arrived.
Back through the wood, onto the field and back home.

I hope you have enjoyed the walk.

Be safe and well ~ 
Polly x

15 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting walk. The duck houses are rather cute. Indeed, there's the return journey to consider. I sometimes forget that myself when I'm happily striding away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. A few weeks ago I met a dog walking friend, his dog and my two get on famously. This particular day I just had Rufus. We were walking and talking and the dogs were charging around the fields. Before I knew it we were about two and a half miles away from home. I only do about one and a half miles nowadays. I had to set myself onto automatic pilot to get home!!

      Delete
  2. I’ve never heard of Duck houses. It looks very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had't either, I thought ducks just lived outside.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for taking me along. I enjoyed the trees and water, the horses, the birds and the skies. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful place for a walk, Polly. I'm glad Buster is doing well but you're probably right to try to gauge things as he gets stronger and more used to longer walks again. That tenter could be Rick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved camping years ago, I prefer hotels now :-)

      Delete
  5. What a great walk and a great place for camping. I loved seeing the oak trees how majestic they are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful walk, with a gorgeous blue sky and fluffy white clouds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice the fluffy clouds in the second picture when I took the photo!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed the walk, Polly, even though I didn’t get as much exercise as you did. Glad that Buster is doing well and maybe he will go along in the future? The camping site would be nice as long as the weather cooperated like you noted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenes, a lovely walk.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...