4 December 2019

Christmas Tree Festival

The Christmas Tree Festival was held at the weekend, in a neighbouring village church. They host one every year, it's very well attended and makes for a nice way to spend a couple of hours. As well as the lovely and imaginative entries from local clubs and societies, there is a raffle and tea and cakes  :-) Here are just a few of the exhibits displayed around the church.

Four Seasons
Very pretty and clever with white and silver winter at the top,
followed by brown and orange autumn, pink summer and yellow spring.

Alice In Wonderland

The Snowman Tree
my favourite with his lovely wide smile and waving arm.

A local stable providing riding and carriage driving for the disabled

The Bellringers 

The Library

This was lovely. These trees belonged to two grandmothers from the same family. They took great delight in knitting Christmas jumpers each year, and their grandchildren could choose their favourite designs. The display was a loving tribute by their families. The grandchildren remember putting together the cardboard angels that arrived in the post. They also used some of their grandmother's craft work to decorate their homes. A poem written by the children accompanied the trees.

From a Girl Guide group. Clear perspex with what I think is acrylic painted images on it.

Each piece of jigsaw said something about autism.
I think it was meant to convey that everyone fits in.

The Heartfelt Tree
I like the muted colours of these pieces of felt.

All Because the Ladies Loved Milk Tree.
Very clever but maybe only to anyone old enough to remember the Milk Tray advert.

The Mindfull Tree by the infant school
The children thought about well-being activities they could do over Christmas

Toilet Roll Tree
made entirely out of toilet rolls cut in half

Starry Night
by the junior school, based on Van Gogh's painting

The Tiger Who came to  Tea Tree
by the pre school children in memory of Judith Kerr

Strictly Recycle 
by the church cafe, made from recycled materials

Celebrating the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria's birthday

Another anniversary celebrating 30 years since the fall of the Berlin wall

And finally my WI's tree "The Journey"
depicting the arrival of Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem, at the top,
followed by the shepherds further down
and the wise men just arriving. 

Be warm and well ~ 
Polly x

10 comments:

  1. Did you have to vote? I don't think I could possibly choose a favorite. They are all inspiring! (I just helped put up our Friends of Theatre tree for the tree festival here. I'll have to get pix when it opens to the public!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanie, the public vote for their favourite but the church committee vote for the overall winner, I haven't agreed with their choice for the last couple of years! Not because I wanted ours to win (I've never thought ours would!) but because there are so many lovely beautiful ones and they tend to go for plain avante garde.

      Delete
  2. All the so beautiful! love them all.. cannot choose favorite among them.. all are my favorite..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Krishna, it is always difficult to choose one to vote for.

      Delete
  3. Some great trees there. I like the one made of felt, and the one with recycled materials. The snowman tree looks as if he's wearing a skirt! Such imagination and ingenuity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nick, they all make a great effort for their trees.

      Delete
  4. How absolutely fabulous! I love all your English Christmas traditions. The trees are gorgeous.. and inspiring too, I think I may use a few ideas from different trees. My favourite is the tree by the local stable, I see my grandchildren loving this one 💛 Honestly Polly I would love to trade some of our blue skies for a bit of your rain, if only we could 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Grace, oh if only. I'm steeling myself for January hibernation!! x

      Delete
  5. ...there are as many Christmas Trees as there are creative people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...