15 June 2018

A Good Read

Mr Mercedes by Stephen King
Retired cop Bill Hodges is haunted by 'the Mercedes' massacre, a case he never solved. He spends his depressed and vacant retirement sitting in his lay z boy watching rubbish day time television and thinking about killing himself, until that is, he receives a letter from the Mercedes killer.
Brady Hartsfield lives with his alcoholic mother. He is the insane perpetrator of that crime. He drove a Mercedes into a crowd of people, killing eight and wounding fifteen. He enjoyed the feel of death under the wheels of the car as he ploughed through them, and he wants to experience that rush again. He is preparing his next massacre. 
Hodges accidentally teams up with two unlikely allies and the three very divergent characters are facing a race against time to find Hartsfield before he kills again.

I have been a  fan of Stephen King for years and have never been disappointed, I think he is a genius writer. This high suspense race against time thriller is excellent.
~Happy Reading ~
Have a good weekend
Polly x

10 comments:

  1. Stephen King does write a good book!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Polly. I've never tried Stephen King. I had him down as a 'scary writer' (I get scared enough reading the morning paper) but this sounds like me kind of book. Putting it on the list.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amalia, lol yes the papers can be scary. Most of his that I have read have been the scary ones, but I like those! This is the first non scary horror, it was a book club choice. There is a Bill Hodges trilogy which I shall be reading :-)

      Delete
  3. I like Stephen King too -- but not late at night alone at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, definitely not :-) There used to be a time when, after reading a horror story I had to look under every bed and in wardrobes before going to sleep!

      Delete
  4. Polly, I've never read Stephen King, always thought he was too scary for me. But a detective mystery seems like something I can handle! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. I've always associated him with horror but he writes a good thriller as well.

      Delete
  5. The only Stephen King novel I've ever read is The Shining and for some reason it made very little impression on me. I'm not really a fan of horror stories I must admit. There's quite enough horror in the daily news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always enjoyed a good horror story or film!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...