16 February 2018

Lunchtime Concert


Todays' concert was the Stondon Singers. This highly regarded choir of 25 singers was formed in 1968 initially to perform the works of William Byrd at Stondon Massey where the composer spent the last thirty years of his life. The varied programme included works by Byrd, Maurice Durufle, John Tavener, Imogen Host, Thomas Morley and Mr. Bach. M and I had sandwiches and tea and settled down to enjoy the beautiful singing.
Afterwards we visited the market where I bought some new wellies, browsed around a few shops, we only went into one charity shop! and then headed to John Lewis for coffee and hot chocolate and a good old chat before heading home.

Hope you have a good weekend.
~Be warm and well ~
Polly x 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day out, Polly. Hope your weekend is equally wonderful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I always enjoy days out with my friend M. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful, hopefully the weekend will continue in the same vain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Polly, how lovely to have this opportunity. And what a lovely venue I'm sure it must be. I love Taverner and Bach too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful Cathedral, but I still haven't taken any photos of it! Each time I visit it's usually for the concerts ant there are too many people in the way!! :-)

      Delete
  4. That pretty much sounds like my perfect kind of afternoon Polly. We went to a couple of Fringe shows.. outrageous 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, I followed a link on your post to the Club Swizzle, it looked like a whole lot of fun :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...