3 December 2017

In Cahoots

Phew it's been hot, I'm not complaining, I like hot, except when I have a hot flush,
then I feel like I'm on fire and want to dive into air conditioned shops!
Yesterday was hot (36 deg) and sunny with a breeze which made it comfortable,
today however has been hot and oh so humid, horrible. 
Storms are forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday.

The Fremantle Arts Centre is housed in a lovely building that used to be a lunatic asylum.
 They produce events, exhibitions, courses and concerts throughout the year. 
Their current exhibition is called "In Cahoots" 


The collection is a collaboration of artists across Australia, 
18 months of artist's residencies in remote and regional Aboriginal art centres. 
Artists from six key Aboriginal art centres invited leading independent 
artists – both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal – to work with them. 
The  artworks are striking and bold in their inventive use of materials, 
and many have significant meanings to their creators.


This is the bonnet of a vehicle 

These artworks were made from scrap metal, bits of leather, straw, wood, cardboard and paper.

Little homestead of dog, water tank, house and church

Love the dog

I really liked this one above


Astronaut

Super Heroes

Now this I don't understand or like
The artists own blood dripping down the wall
Unless it's meant to portray human suffering,
but if that's the case is it really necessary to go to such extremes? 
Suffering can be portrayed in so many other ways.


Spears suspended over coloured sand

The tv's in the background were showing short snippets on a loop. 
I think it was various artists at work or happenings going on around them.
Some of it was most obscure.

Polly x 

4 comments:

  1. I like the Aboriginal art but some of the others will feel quite at home in a lunatic asylum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good comment John and I completely agree.

      Delete
  2. This is a fabulous gallery. I confess, the art is all new to me and some I like very much, some not, but it looks beautifully designed and really allows the pieces to shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanie, I agree, art is such a personal thing. It is a beautiful gallery, very spacious and beautifully plain, wood floorboards and white walls. A couple of dark rooms add atmosphere for certain exhibits.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...