6 September 2024

Rufus' Diary

Hello dear reader I hope you are well. Autumn is on its way, daylight hours are shorter, it's dark by 8 o/clock, the evenings are slightly chilly but the days are still sunny and warm.

Crops are being harvested


We're enjoying lots of lovely walks


The bonfire that never goes out is still not out 😄


Polly loves her small patio at the bottom of the garden and now she has created another lovely shady area to sit, under the cherry tree



That whole area behind the recliner was completely overgrown with nettles and weeds which was great for bees and butterflies but when it all died down she cleared it away.


There's a nice cool place for me to enjoy too.

We don't know what this cute little insect is.


A guy in the village is a Naturetrek Group Leader. Now and again he sets up a box in the churchyard to see how many moths visit. There were lots of species, sizes and colours but they didn't all photograph well.

Because I was a rescue the exact date of my birthday is unknown. Polly worked backwards from when they got me and how old they said I was and guessed that I was born in Sep 2012 and so she decided I would share my birthday with her later in the month. I will be 12, I daren't tell you how old Polly will be 😀

∼ Be safe and well ∼
Rufus 🐾

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rufus! I'm sure you still feel like a young pup! Just as Polly does too, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rufus, you look as though you are having a jolly good time! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, I do enjoy our walks :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Rufus and Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you've had better weather your side of the country. Happy birthday to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. We have had good weather, but today has been chilly with rain :-(

      Delete
  5. Birthday 🎂 wishes to you both, Polly and Rufus and it looks like you are enjoying my favorite time of year. Autumn walks are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beatrice. I prefer the cooler weather but Polly likes the hot weather :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, Rufus and Polly! I'm so happy that Rufus could write this post! ❤️❤️❤️What wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. I like to get my paws on the computer now and again! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...