16 May 2024

Flowers And More

My darling Aussie daughter sent these beautiful flowers for Mother's day, which in Australia was on the 12th.

Not only are they gorgeous to look at they smell divine, I smell their scent as soon as I walk into the room.

I've been doing some voluntary work in our pub. A few of us were assinged to stripping wallpaper, filling small holes and sanding walls. I like the former but not the latter, thankfully I didn't have to do much of that.

We've had some glorious weather, it's so nice to dry washing outside. The garden is looking lovely and the lawn is a lush shade of green thanks to lots of rain in April.

I've been binge watching Lego Masters Australia and New Zealand. I love it, they make amazing things.

I'm knitting lots of squares to make into blankets for the Royal British Legion elderly veterans.

I'm also working on my dolls house lounge, making a fireplace and floor to ceiling chimney, which is challenging because I'm making the chimney out of foamboard with wallpaper over it and I forgot that it warps when adhesive is applied, so I'm doing a second one now!!

Last week while out walking we met some ladies I know, one of them owns this little cutie, whose name I can't remember. She and Rufus get on well together.


The ladies walk quite slowly and when they are on their way home she runs ahead to shelter from the sun under this tree to wait for the ladies to catch up 😀 clever little girl.

∼ Be safe and well∼ 
Polly x

10 comments:

  1. That is indeed a gorgeous bouquet of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your weather has been good an the flowers are fabulous. I love hearing about the pub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has changed again Jeanie, lots of rain :-(

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous bouquet your daughter sent you. You sound like you are staying busy with lots of different projects. The pub project is a lot of work, but pulls people together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorrie, I'm fixated on the dolls house at the moment. We volunteers haven't been in the pub lately because the professionals have been working, but we will be going in on Saturday.

      Delete
  4. The flowers look beautiful, Polly, and what a thoughtful gift from your daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She usually sends them for Mother's Day and my birthday.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...