29 August 2023

A Nice Walk

Last week's walk wasn't as pretty as most, there was a fair amount of walking on roads. But we did walk through some countryside


and found this gorgeous converted church.
The owners told us a bit about the history.


The public footpath goes right through the garden
following the line of their footpath, just where that lawnmower is.

They are going to apply to move the path to the boundary of the garden
where I was standing to take this photo. It would offer them more privacy
and give photographers a better view of the whole building. 


Back at the pub where I had a free meal! After ordering our food my lasagne didn't arrive. I was just about to enquire when the waitress who took our order came over, she was very apologetic as she explained it hadn't gone through to the kitchen. I think it was the supervisor who then came over, also very apologetic, to tell me that they wouldn't charge me for it, AND when it did arrive the kitchen had given me an extra large portion!! Although a free meal is a bonus it did mean that most of my group were halfway through their meals by the time mine arrived, and one had finished, then I felt a bit like they were waiting for me to finish before they could go. I did say I didn't mind if they left but they seemed happy to finish their drinks and chat.

∼ Be safe and well ∼

Polly x

8 comments:

  1. I hope you were able to take any leftover lasagna with you on your walk! But a free lunch is always nice, especially after a good walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanie, I was so hungry I ate it all!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful converted church. I think moving the footpath would be a wise choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michelle, I would have loved to see inside, I bet it's beautiful.

      Delete
  3. That was a lovely old church – I wonder how old it was? Having a nice lunch in a pub must be nice, I remember some with nostalgia. There are a couple of British pubs in Nashville, but it’s not the same here. It has a different ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness we still have enough pubs left!

      Delete
  4. This part of the walk, at least, is beautiful! We've not had any rain in months and I miss the green.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amalia, the lawn and garden were looking lush green but this lovely hot weather we are enjoying is making it all look dry and brown again! I'm not complaining though :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...