6 June 2023

A Nice Walk

This U3A walk was around the lovely picturesque village of Writtle. It was a circular walk starting and finishing at the Rose & Crown pub. 

Past fields. If you zoom in you can just about see some sheep.

Over sturdy bridges

Through the beautifully kept gardens of the College


The weather was glorious

Into the park

There were two horses in the field behind me, a very pretty brown one and a handsome white one. They were curious and friendly, perhaps hoping for some treats, it's not good to feed them though. I don't know why I didn't take a photo.

Back in the village, at the end of this road to the pub where I had made a monumental error. We ordered our food before starting the walk. I thought I had ordered cider braised pork belly, instead I had ordered hickory & maple pork ribs! It was just ok. Must concentrate next time.

∼ Be safe and well ∼
Polly x

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful place to have a ramble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gardens look good all year round Debra.
    It is Marie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up Writtle as I knew the name but couldn't place it. I must have passed nearby on my way to my cousin's in Galleywood, I think. It's a beautiful village to judge from your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably did John if you were travelling on the A1060 or A414.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good walk! How nice that you can walk with others. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice walking with a group, and having a meal together afterwards.

      Delete
  6. I assume (having googled) you're referring to Writtle University College. I'd never heard of this college before! Yes, a shame you have no pics of the friendly horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My earlier reply went missing. It is Writtle University College. They have an excellent agricultural department.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...