29 June 2023

U3A Outing

Having recently joined the U3A I've joined a few of their groups - the London group; travel; walking, and the bus pass group. I've only done one outing with the bus pass group but plan to do many more. There's something quite 'Last of the Summer Wine' about a group of pensioners meeting at the bus station for a charabanc! 
A couple of weeks ago we went to Burnham-on-Crouch. I thought it would be like Maldon with lots of interesting shops but I was a bit disappointed, there weren't many.

                        Clock Tower
I meandered along the High St, visiting a couple of charity shops


along the promenade 


The Rio Cinema is a purpose-built, two-screen, 280-seat cinema. The building dates from 1931. The Burnham Rio is one of the cheapest cinemas in the county.

Then on to a pub for a fish'n'chip lunch before catching the bus home. Despite the lack of shops it was a nice day out with glorious weather.

∼ Be safe and well ∼
Polly x

4 comments:

  1. The Rio Cinema looks like a real little gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I didn't thik it was that old, I thought it was circa 1950's.

      Delete
  2. A neat little cinema. And what's that interesting hexagonal building?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...