13 September 2022

A Good Read

The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein
Named after Enzo Anselmo Giuseppe Maria Ferrari, the founder of the legendary racing team, Enzo, a terrier/lab cross knows he is different from other dogs - he is wise and loyal, a philosopher with a nearly human soul. Believing he will be a human in his next life Enzo has educated himself by watching television extensively, and by listening very closely to the words of his master, Denny, an up-and-coming race car driver. Enzo loves Denny. 
Denny, a down on his luck dad is a kind owner who loves Enzo, and uses racing philosophies in his life. 
Through Denny, Enzo has gained much insight into the human condition, and he sees that life, like racing, isn't simply about going fast.
Enzo is the narrator of the story which begins with him taking stock of his life, recalling all that he and his family have been through. 
It’s a heart-wrenching, funny and uplifting look at the tragedies, wonders and absurdities of human life as seen by a dog. At times I was crying, and at other times I wanted to reach into the book and punch Denny's horrible in-laws.
I’m not the least bit interested in motor racing but I was interested in the motor racing facts throughout the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it.

∼ Happy Reading ∼ 

Polly x

7 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful, Polly. I must pick it up after I am finished my current read. Thanks for thee recommendation. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds terrific, Polly. I'd not heard of it. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it on a display shelf and liked the sound ot it :-)

      Delete
  3. I too have heard of this book, but wasn't interested in reading it until your review, Polly. Now, I am adding it to a future reads list, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw it on a display in the library when I went in to collect a requeste book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...