15 May 2022

A Good Read

The Sicilian by Mario Puzo
This was a book club choice, not one I would have chosen myself, but I did enjoy it. With a bit of romance, lots of bloodshed, injustice and treachery, it gave a very real insight into why and how the Cosa Nostra came into being.

The year is 1950. Michael Corleone is nearing the end of his exile in Sicily. The Godfather has commanded Michael to bring a young Sicilian bandit named Salvatore Giuliano back with him to America. But Giuliano is entwined in a bloody web of violence and vendettas. In Sicily, Giuliano is a modern day Robin Hood who has defied corruption and the Cosa Nostra. Now, in the land of mist-shrouded mountains and ancient ruins, Michael Corleone's fate is entwined with the dangerous legend of Salvatore Giuliano: warrior, lover, and the ultimate Siciliano.

∼ Happy Reading ∼ 

Polly x

12 comments:

  1. I've only ever read one Mario Puzo book -- "The Godfather" of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Godfather films but this is the only book I've read.

      Delete
  2. I've never read any of Puzo's "Godfather" books. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would like it but I did. I've seen the films.

      Delete
  3. Oh Polly …I love t read again …for a long time there was no space in my head to read…I am so glad I now enjoyed reading again …love happy week Ria and Leaf πŸΎπŸ’—πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've started reading again Ria. I love a good story, and it's theraputic :-)

      Delete
  4. the author's name seems familiar so I think I've read something by him but not that novel. Isn't it nice to read something that is outside the comfort zone AND enjoy it as well ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen, yes it is. I wasn't going to read it at first but I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. Never read or honestly watched anything Godfather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say I have much interest in the Mafia, but yes, it's always gratifying when you think you're not going to like a book and end up enjoying it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Nick, I don't think I will read any more though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...