20 December 2021

My Great Mince Pie Survey

Hello dear reader, yes here I am again conducting my mince pie survey
for market research, and because I love mince pies!!

Marks & Spencer classic all butter £1.90 for 6
no alcohol or extras but a tasty pie

Marks & Spencer vegetarian all butter shortcrust pastry, deep filled with vine fruits,
cranberries, clementine and Cognac. £2.50 for 6. Delicious served
warm with a dollop of cream, and accompanied by a glass of mulled cider.

Marks & Spencer 9 mini pie selection. 3 topped with fruit and nut topping, 3 filled with vine fruits, cranberries, clementines and cognac and 3 filled with rich sticky toffee sauce and vine fruits, topped with a Viennese biscuit. These little beauties are gorgeous. This year's favourite.

Mr Kipling deep filled mince pies. £1.50 for 6. A basic price for a basic pie.
Just ok, a bit doughy, I didn't have a second one.

Morrison's the Best all butter pastry with brandy and cider infused mince meat
and a warming blend of spices. £2 for 6.
Not bad but I tasted more pastry rather than alcohol and spices.

Aldi all butter infused with brandy and cognac. Very tasty with nice firm pastry.

 Be warm and well  
Polly x

11 comments:

  1. I would eat them ALL. Probably at one sitting. I love mince pies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, do those look delicious! I have to say, just reading the description, your favorite would be my fave, too. I don’t recall ever seeing mini mince pies like that. I’m afraid mince pies are not very popular here. My dad loved them so we always had a mince pie at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine Christmas without mince pies :-)

      Delete
  3. You remind me that I haven't eaten a single mince pie yet. I must add them to my supermarket order if I'm not too late. Have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, the same to you. Enjoy your mince pies :-)

      Delete
  4. The only ones we've tried from your selection are the Mr Kipling mince pies which we rather liked. We also like the Sainsburys mince pies, both the ordinary ones and the Taste The Difference ones. But I guess it's all a matter of individual preference in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to have tried Sainsburys but they are on the other side of town so I don't shop there.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your survey! What fun. We don't really have mince pies here -- so I love seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending all good wishes to you for a Happy Christmas and better new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beatrice, and the same to you x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...