22 March 2019

A Concert and a Bit of Art

Today's concert at the Cathedral was Music from St Cedd's School, an independent day school for boys and girls from pre-school to year 6.  With an extensive programme of string orchestra, guitar ensemble, piano solo, violin solo, a singing group, clarinet ensemble, guitar ensemble, recorders, a beautiful solo singer, flute choir, oboe solo and the senior chamber choir it was a truly delightful concert. We are so lucky having these free concerts. 

Last Saturday I went to an art workshop organised by the art club I attend in the village. 

It was with some trepidation that I put my name down because it was for oils,
and I have never painted with oils before.
I enjoyed it, it was a good experience and I will do more at our club meetings.

Everyone enjoyed the day, and produced some excellent work.


This was mine from early on

And the finished project, which I was quite pleased with. I added the bow later.
I might do it again to see if I can improve on it (the whole painting, not just the bow!).

The following 3 were my favourites


~Keep warm and well ~
Polly x

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous group of artists you all are. That's such a lovely photo that was chosen as well. Enjoy your free concerts!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The free concerts sound wonderful. You are one talented artist, your painting is amazing and always good to join a group and learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed with your oil painting, Polly. Sounds like a great day.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...