19 December 2016

Around Fremantle

If you visit Fremantle there are 5 must see/do that I can recommend:

1.Take a tour round the prison



It's a few years since I did it and I can't remember why I didn't take photographs, perhaps it wasn't allowed, so I bought these cards which probably show it much better than photos would have.



2. Visit the Maritime museum


3. Take the submarine tour, it's awesome


4. Visit the Roundhouse, built in 1830 as a prison, it was the first purpose built building in Fremantle 


5. Visit Freo markets

The port is also worth a visit. It is Western Australia's largest and busiest general cargo port. The inner harbour handles large volumes of sea containers, vehicle imports and livestock exports, cruise shipping and naval visits and operates 24 hours a day.


I didn't realise how grey the day had become until I saw this photo, 
amazingly though we only had a few slights drops of rain.


The Leeuwin Ocean Adventure Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation providing learning and leadership programmes through tall ship sailing, and is mainly aimed at young people aged 14 - 25.
It's a working ship, all participants are expected to be involved in all aspects of ship operations, from sailing, steering and navigation to cleaning the ship and climbing the mast.


 This is where many immigrants first landed in Australia



The E Shed markets are heavily criticised, and unfortunately I agree with some of it. 
There are some good eating places but the merchandise is mostly made in China rubbish. 
Shame because the location is good and plenty of room for many more shops. 


The Ovation of the Seas

 I swear this ship is almost as big as my village!

Back in town

Eyes front, engage gear, where shall we go today?


And finally, if I win the lottery I will buy one of these beachfront apartments. 

They have a sun deck and I think there is a swimming pool as well. 


Restaurant


and tranquil views


I hope you have enjoyed my holiday photos. 



9 comments:

  1. Great photos, Polly. I love the sculptures, and not sure if there's a name for the colored posts in town, but they are fantastic. The ship is huge. I can't imagine seeing it in person. The azure blue of the ocean is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I haven't seen painted posts like that before. xo

      Delete
  2. You certainly took us on a beautiful tour, looks like a great holiday. Stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mama. I've been home a week now so time to get back into proper domestic routine!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures.. I'm feeling to visit UK again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Polly, your photos were truly amazing and took me on quite the journey! Thank you so much for sharing and putting a smile on my face. Merry Christmas to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Freemantle, it seems really lovely through your pics :)
    The size of this ship is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...