22 July 2022

A Nice Day Out

Today my friend M and I visited our friend J who lives in Hadleigh in Suffolk. We had lunch in nearby Lavenham, a quintessential beautiful English country village.


Lavenham Blue Vintage Tea Room is very pretty, I forgot to take photos of inside. It's decked out in 40's memorabilia, posters, photographs, pretty table cloths, patterned china cups and saucers, proper teapots kept warm with tea cosies, and 40's music playing.


It was just a tad to chilly for us to sit in the pretty garden

Tea Room goodie bags for sale

There are lots of fine old properties around the village


The old Guildhall


We had a lovely day but the weather was chilly. On Tuesday and Wednesday we were roasting, I'm always bewildered how the weather goes from 39 deg to 20 deg in just two days!

∼ Be safe and well∼
Polly x

12 comments:

  1. This was such a picturesque place to visit and enjoy an outing with your friend, Polly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like visiting Lavenham, the shops are quite expensive though.

      Delete
  2. Charming village! It's been much too long since I've been in a charming little tea room. Always a great place to sit and chat with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do a lo of sitting and chatting :-)

      Delete
  3. It's strange how, after just two hot days, 20C suddenly feels chilly; in Autumn we'd gladly sit outside in that weather. I must go to Lavenham again, probably after the Summer rush is over. I think I recall that last house is used in one of the Harry Potter films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel chilly, I was reaching for a cardigan! That house does look very Harry Potterish

      Delete
  4. It does look lovely..looks like Susan Branch wrapped the parcels:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about Susan Branch so I did a search for her, and yes it does look like hers.

      Delete
  5. Some of my ancestors were from Suffolk, so I always enjoy these sorts of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day out with friends! And the perfect place to find inspiration for the new Tudor dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jodi, exactly, the village is full of them, they are lovely

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...