9 August 2020

Nearly Normal

Phew, I hope those of you in the northern hemisphere are coping with the HOT weather we are having at the moment. I'm ok with it, I like hot weather but this is too hot for me to be outdoors, even in shade. I was hoping to prune an overgrown Philadelphus at the side of the house today, even on the north side of the garden it's too hot, I'm staying cool inside. 

Yesterday evening I went out with two friends. It was lovely to dress up, put on some make-up and do my hair. We went to Ask Italian, I love their linguine carbonara, two of us had that and M had penne al manzo piccante. I wanted a cocktail but they were either gin, prosecco or rum based so I had coke instead! We all had desserts, blood orange and chocolate tart, passionfruit and raspberry cheescake and I had the chocolate etna, ooh it was good, vanilla gelato inside a gooey chocolate sponge, coated in a chocolate shell which melted when hot toffee sauce was poured over it. 

We sat outside, the temperature was perfect. We chatted and laughed, we had a lovely, lovely time, and apart from using hand gel, giving our details for track and trace, and having to take drinks and cutlery from a tray brought to our table it was easy to think we were back to pre covid normal.

Be safe and well ~
Polly x

19 comments:

  1. Temperature in Belfast right now is a very comfortable 19C. I'm glad I no longer have to endure the London summer temperatures, especially in the tube trains.

    I haven't yet been asked for my personal details for track-and-trace, though one local restaurant already had my details on the computer so they can contact me if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want to use tubes in weather like this.

      Delete
  2. Temperatures here were miserable a few weeks ago, but we’ve had pleasant weather the last 10 days. Those desserts sound wonderful. I’d have trouble choosing. It’s been nice to get out again, hasn’t it? We do not have the contact tracing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have rain forecast for Thursday and Friday, which will be good, then a more comfortable 25 deg.

      Delete
  3. Dinner out must have felt almost normal. Lovely. That dessert sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely time with friends. And that decadent dessert!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to be able to get out and enjoy good food and good company! We are in a heat wave here in NH and so the only dining we will be doing is inside at home for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only good thing about hot weather is the nice warm evenings.

      Delete
  6. It must have felt good to eat outside with friends. The menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did Jeanie. I think there's something very nice about eating outside in lovely warm weather.

      Delete
  7. So nice to be able to go out with friends, Polly. Your meal sounds wonderful. Yes, the August Summer heat is getting to me also, and looking forward to cooler Fall days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had non stop rain and 10 degrees cooler today!

      Delete
  8. It's lovely to hear that things are back to near normal with you - I'm hoping that we can all soon put this year behind us, unfortunately our family in Australia is in the second lockdown. Your meal with friends sounds a real tonic.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks before lockdown I booked a flight to Australia to spend Christmas with my daughter, I hope I will be able to go.

      Delete
  9. It sounds like a lovely evening out - especially those desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, the friends, the meal, the weather, it was all good.

      Delete
  10. Your dining out with friends sounds lovely, Polly. Nothing like a meal shared with friends, especially al fresco, which is my favorite kind of shared experience. It's hot here, too. Has been all summer. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...