23 June 2021

Breakfast

The rain clouds have gone, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Rufus and I had a lovely walk and then I had a scrumptious breakfast.
For probably the last 20 years or so my breakfast has been All Bran (for reasons I won't go into), with my homemade granola, yoghurt and fruit. The only exception to this is when I'm on holiday or when someone has made it for me, then I love a full English fry up, pancakes with maple syrup, toast and marmalade or croissants - not all together though! 


An absolutely delicious breakfast is one I had in Australia. My last visit to my daughter was in 2017 when she lived in Fremantle, we regularly had breakfast at Duck Duck Bruce They have a brilliant imaginative menu inspired by film titles, song titles, famous people, book titles etc.


I had the same breakfast each time 'Orange Is The New Stack' - vanilla pancake stack, burnt orange curd, toasted almonds, poppyseed cheesecake whip, and gingerbread crumbs topped with a slice of candied orange.
Three and a half years later I have finally devised my own version!! 


I warmed two Aldi buttermilk pancakes in the microwave, put orange curd inbetween and on the top one, vanilla yoghurt arround the bottom and a dollop on top, I replaced the gingerbread crumbs with granola crumbs, and then dropped orange segments around.

Aren't pistachio nuts pretty

I poured the juice from the orange around the side and topped with poppyseeds, toasted almonds, pistachios and crushed hazlenuts. 

Oh my word, it was beyond delicious. 

I'm not going to wait until I'm on holiday or for someone else to make breakfast, this bowl of taste bud heaven is going to be a regular event .

∼ Be safe and well ∼ 
Polly x

28 comments:

  1. Your version looks more delicious than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place Duck Duck Bruce sounds like. I’m not a pancake girl, but your bowl of goodness looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me hungry all over again! This sounds just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh it was Jeanie, I had it again this morning!!

      Delete
  4. I have just eaten my supper but suddenly I feel hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the nuts are a great addition in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like nuts, I add them to a few dishes.

      Delete
  6. Those breakfasts look delicious, I usually just have a bowl of plain granola for breakfast, but I must try adding a few of your ingredients. A lot of people in Northern Ireland are still partial to the Full Ulster Fry, also known as Heart Attack on a Plate - bacon, eggs, sausages and black pudding, all dripping with fat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ha, yes it can be that bad. We try to do a healthy fry up, grilled bacon and tomatoes, scrambled eggs, but I do love fried bread!! thank goodness we only have it occasionally!

      Delete
  7. That looks delicious. It reminds me that I no longer have to grab a slice of toast and eat it while standing in the kitchen, as was my practice when I was working - I've been retired for over four years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old habits die hard John. When I was working I didn't used to have breakfast, preferring extra time in bed! but then decided I needed it.

      Delete
  8. That looks really good, and have to exclude the almonds as I'm not keen but the rest looks delicious! Yes if you wait until you are on holiday, you could be in for a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not waitng Joe, it's going to be a regular :-)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh Polly I can't believe this. I was just this very day saying to someone who asked me for advice on where to eat in Freo and I told them Duck Duck Bruce. I looooove that place, have never had a bad meal there. Now I'm looking forward to the next time 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, what a coincedence! I loved it too, my daughter didn't need to ask me where to go for breakfast or any other meal, she knew the answer! :-)

      Delete
  10. Oh, this looks so delicious, Polly ! Love nuts, my favorites are hazel and cashew :-)
    Happy weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. Suddenly my morning oatmeal is looking a little plain.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes I can spot an Aussie breakfast anywhere! You have done well with it's recreation we have our regular brekkies too it is always lovely to find a nice change especially one that is pretty as a picture and healthy!
    Have a lovely week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, Polly, and ones like you have shown here look wonderfully delicious. We should always treat ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we should Beatrice. Breakfast is one of my favourite meals too, and especially when I treat myself to this one :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...