2 June 2021

A Milestone Day

This afternoon we had our first WI meeting in over a year! Historically our June meeting has been in a members garden planting summer pots. Mary is a great hostess providing us with tea and cake, today we had a choice of coffee or victoria cake, I had coffee cake. We didn't do any planting, just had a lovely time talking, catching up and arranging our activities for the rest of the year. It felt good putting those dates in the diary.
Onwards and upwards.
∼ Be safe and well ∼ 
Polly x

12 comments:

  1. That is great!! I’m working on a post about finally getting out and doing stuff. Now, what is Victoria cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bijoux: A two-layered sponge cake with jam and cream in between the layers.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Life getting back to normal! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you could meet up again. I'm still waiting for my book club meetings to resume. We haven't had a meeting since March last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my book clubs is meeting in someone's garden on Tuesday. I want my art club to start again.

      Delete
  4. Oh, finally! I'm thrilled you could get together again. It must have been pure heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Jeanie, and the weather contributed to it.

      Delete
  5. Excellent news. I gave so many talks and slideshows to the local WI that they said I should become an honorary member!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you don't live closer John, I imagine your talks are very interesting.

      Delete
  6. How lovely to get together with other WI friends and members again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my book clubs is getting together on Tuesday in someone's garden, I'm looking forward to seeing the girls again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...